T-Mobile Galaxy S4

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I need help with rooting my GS4. I included a screenshot that shows my build number and model number below.
I had trouble finding a thread here or in the xda forums for my phone with this exact carrier and build number since most of the threads about rooting the S4 are for the Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T models. I would appreciate if any of you could point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance :)
Screenshot_2013-09-11-16-16-33.jpg

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Also, I've been reading around and looking for videos and a lot of them say that rooting your phone won't unlock the bootloader or replace the recovery. Does this mean that I won't be able to flash a custom ROM?

Realsis77

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Go to xda developers and go to forum them scroll down to tmobile samsung galaxy s4 forums. You will find everything you need there. I have a tmobile samsung galaxy s4 and this is where you need to go. In those forums you will find Android development. This will be what your looking for. Stay in your carrier specific forum. Hope this helps. Best wishes.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! Just a quick question...would rooting allow me to flash custom ROMs or would I need to unlock the bootloader. Still not sure on what each does

lalec

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
T-Mobile bootloader is already unlocked. If you use CF-AUTO-ROOT to root and install a recovery you can flash away. If you use ROM Manager from the play store it will install CWM recovery for you and make it super easy to make nandroid backups.

Sent from my SGH-M919

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
T-Mobile bootloader is already unlocked. If you use CF-AUTO-ROOT to root and install a recovery you can flash away. If you use ROM Manager from the play store it will install CWM recovery for you and make it super easy to make nandroid backups.

Sent from my SGH-M919

You sure? I read on xda that the latest update made it so the bootloader isn't unlocked.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae