Hi guys,

I'm new to Android and I have only just discovered about rooting. I have rooted my device, but I would like to now flash ROMS on my device, but I have heard that some builds of the phone do not yet allow you to do this. My devices carrier is 02 UK, also the last 3 figures of the build number is MF8, does this allow flashing of ROMS?

Thankyou
    09-14-2013 09:22 AM
    Hi guys,

I'm new to Android and I have only just discovered about rooting. I have rooted my device, but I would like to now flash ROMS on my device, but I have heard that some builds of the phone do not yet allow you to do this. My devices carrier is 02 UK, also the last 3 figures of the build number is MF8, does this allow flashing of ROMS?

Thankyou
    Welcome to the forums!
    You can try here: GalaxyS4Root.com - Learn How To Root Samsung Galaxy S4, install custom ROMs, and more!
    As long as you are rooted, and have a custom reocvery, you should be able to flash about any ROM you like, so long as it is for your model number and carrier.
    Mario Luigi likes this.
    09-14-2013 09:36 AM
    Welcome to the forums!
    You can try here: GalaxyS4Root.com - Learn How To Root Samsung Galaxy S4, install custom ROMs, and more!
    As long as you are rooted, and have a custom reocvery, you should be able to flash about any ROM you like, so long as it is for your model number and carrier.
    Thanks very much mate, this website is very helpful. But most of them in the title mention American carriers, will it work even though I live in the UK and have a UK carrier.

Also do you have any in-depth tutorials/videos which explain how to flash roms?
    09-14-2013 02:45 PM
    Thanks very much mate, this website is very helpful. But most of them in the title mention American carriers, will it work even though I live in the UK and have a UK carrier.

Also do you have any in-depth tutorials/videos which explain how to flash roms?
    Again, this will be US carrier dependant but loon for QBKing77 on YouTube. Find any video on how to flash (almost any ROM). His videos are detailed, and concise at the same time. Right to the point, detailed, and accurate. You can use those as at least a rule of thumb.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.
    09-14-2013 04:12 PM
    I was able to change my model from i337m to international i9505 and I'm running now Omega v10rom with Adam custom curnal
    No issues all bood

Posted via Android Central App
    09-16-2013 08:50 AM