I am looking at getting either the S4 or the HTC one today. I am leaning a bit toward the HTC one due to the form factor and the front facing speakers. I like the features of the S4 like the eye scrolling, smart pause and others. What I do not like about the S4 is the TouchWiz launcher (easily replaced) and the icons that comes with it. I feel like it is very Pre Skool-y.

I was thinking get the S4 and just put a custom Rom on it but that'll lose all the features that make the S4 cool and I could just get the HTC One and enjoy the external features of the phone that does not matter if I keep Sense or put a custom Rom on it. Is there a S4 Rom that makes it look and feel a little nice while utilizing the features it was made to use?
    09-22-2013 03:51 PM
    There may be apps to replicate features of Touchwiz (not sure), but you're probably more stuck using a Touchwiz ROM (I use CleanROM on my S3).

Given that you already know you can replace the Launcher which will give you a different look and feel and allow you to customize the icons and screens and app-drawer, I'm not sure what you're looking for. I use Nova launcher and Widget Locker and my phone looks nothing like Touchwiz, except in some areas (like the camera app and dialer since I've left those with the stock ones).
    09-22-2013 06:29 PM
    There are plenty of ROMs for the S4.

I hate the look of the TouchWiz S4, the first thing I did in the stock ROM was install Nova Launcher. That was enough to make it actually look good. The camera is amazing, so I kept that as it was.

The S4 is a wise choice and the speaker on the back has a ridge to lift it very slightly away from the surface. That makes the sound just a little bit better from the front. Unless mine is faulty of course lol
    09-25-2013 03:17 AM
    I am looking at getting either the S4 or the HTC one today. I am leaning a bit toward the HTC one due to the form factor and the front facing speakers. I like the features of the S4 like the eye scrolling, smart pause and others. What I do not like about the S4 is the TouchWiz launcher (easily replaced) and the icons that comes with it. I feel like it is very Pre Skool-y.

I was thinking get the S4 and just put a custom Rom on it but that'll lose all the features that make the S4 cool and I could just get the HTC One and enjoy the external features of the phone that does not matter if I keep Sense or put a custom Rom on it. Is there a S4 Rom that makes it look and feel a little nice while utilizing the features it was made to use?
    Several of the touchwiz ROMs have that feature; however, I would not choose a phone for that because it doesn't work that well even on stock.

Sent from my SGH-M919
    09-25-2013 09:34 PM