few questions before I start

john6969

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I have had the iphone forever switching over to Driod. My samsung s4 verizon comes in tomorrow..

I want to root it..however I don't want ot loose any functions like screen mirroring NFS etc..I assume these functions remain.

Also if I root the samsung and something goes wrong for Waranty is there a easy way to go back to factory.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I have had the iphone forever switching over to Driod. My samsung s4 verizon comes in tomorrow..

I want to root it..however I don't want ot loose any functions like screen mirroring NFS etc..I assume these functions remain.

Also if I root the samsung and something goes wrong for Waranty is there a easy way to go back to factory.

my advice is don't be in such a rush to root it. just use and enjoy the phone for a few months first - then decide. walk before you run. and rooting is overrated IMO.

good luck.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
my advice is don't be in such a rush to root it. just use and enjoy the phone for a few months first - then decide. walk before you run. and rooting is overrated IMO.

good luck.

To an extent this is correct. Rooting being overrated is a matter of opinion. There are some great things you can do with root that aren't possible without it. However, if you are coming from an iphone there will be plenty of good stuff you will enjoy without the need to root. My advise is to read read read and do a lot of research before you attempt to root. Find the forum for your specific device at xda developers and make sure you know exactly what you are doing before you start.

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I'd second most of that statement ;)
Especially coming from an iPhone. I would take a long time getting used to the differences between Android/iPhone to make sure you'll enjoy it.
If you're going to do it anyway. Look up your exact phone make and model on XDA and read and take notes and follow the instructions to a T.
Rooting is one thing, it's what you do to your phone after doing it that's really going to matter, so read read read, yes all 182 pages of comments. :)

Posted via Android Central App

john6969

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
ok so I will get used to it first.. I just like to play around and the main reason I went to andriod is becuase of it's features and options. I felt like the iphone wouldn't allow me the flexibility

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
ok so I will get used to it first.. I just like to play around and the main reason I went to andriod is becuase of it's features and options. I felt like the iphone wouldn't allow me the flexibility

with Android stock you will have plenty of ability and freedom to tinker and personalize and customize. you will love it. to help with this - be sure to check out -

Nova Launcher
Fancy Widgets
Beautiful Widgets
Jorte Calendar
Quick Calendar (by Jim Blackler)
ASTRO

good luck and have fun!

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I agree with Gekko, there is plenty to keep you busy with customizing.
Were you rooting for a specific reason.
Nova is great, I highly recommend checking out Buzz Launcher and it's free.
You can make your own widgets using UCCW and Zooper widgets.

Posted via Android Central App

lalec

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site

Rooting is VERY easy AFTER you read and learn to do it correctly. You only lose the touchwiz features you mentioned when you flash a custom ROM that doesn't have them. Rooting allows you to make easy full backups as well as remove the tons of bloatware that will come on your phone and sit there using up your battery whether you use them or not.

Sent from my SGH-M919

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995