I have had the iphone forever switching over to Driod. My samsung s4 verizon comes in tomorrow..

I want to root it..however I don't want ot loose any functions like screen mirroring NFS etc..I assume these functions remain.

Also if I root the samsung and something goes wrong for Waranty is there a easy way to go back to factory.
    09-29-2013 10:28 AM
    I have had the iphone forever switching over to Driod. My samsung s4 verizon comes in tomorrow..

I want to root it..however I don't want ot loose any functions like screen mirroring NFS etc..I assume these functions remain.

Also if I root the samsung and something goes wrong for Waranty is there a easy way to go back to factory.
    my advice is don't be in such a rush to root it. just use and enjoy the phone for a few months first - then decide. walk before you run. and rooting is overrated IMO.

good luck.
    09-29-2013 10:38 AM
    my advice is don't be in such a rush to root it. just use and enjoy the phone for a few months first - then decide. walk before you run. and rooting is overrated IMO.

good luck.
    To an extent this is correct. Rooting being overrated is a matter of opinion. There are some great things you can do with root that aren't possible without it. However, if you are coming from an iphone there will be plenty of good stuff you will enjoy without the need to root. My advise is to read read read and do a lot of research before you attempt to root. Find the forum for your specific device at xda developers and make sure you know exactly what you are doing before you start.
    09-29-2013 10:56 AM
    I'd second most of that statement
    Especially coming from an iPhone. I would take a long time getting used to the differences between Android/iPhone to make sure you'll enjoy it.
    If you're going to do it anyway. Look up your exact phone make and model on XDA and read and take notes and follow the instructions to a T.
    Rooting is one thing, it's what you do to your phone after doing it that's really going to matter, so read read read, yes all 182 pages of comments.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-29-2013 11:00 AM
    ok so I will get used to it first.. I just like to play around and the main reason I went to andriod is becuase of it's features and options. I felt like the iphone wouldn't allow me the flexibility
    09-29-2013 11:11 AM
    ok so I will get used to it first.. I just like to play around and the main reason I went to andriod is becuase of it's features and options. I felt like the iphone wouldn't allow me the flexibility
    with Android stock you will have plenty of ability and freedom to tinker and personalize and customize. you will love it. to help with this - be sure to check out -

Nova Launcher
    Fancy Widgets
    Beautiful Widgets
    Jorte Calendar
    Quick Calendar (by Jim Blackler)
    ASTRO

good luck and have fun!
    09-29-2013 11:38 AM
    Zooper pro is a must have app for me

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    09-29-2013 11:59 AM
    I agree with Gekko, there is plenty to keep you busy with customizing.
    Were you rooting for a specific reason.
    Nova is great, I highly recommend checking out Buzz Launcher and it's free.
    You can make your own widgets using UCCW and Zooper widgets.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-29-2013 12:03 PM

Rooting is VERY easy AFTER you read and learn to do it correctly. You only lose the touchwiz features you mentioned when you flash a custom ROM that doesn't have them. Rooting allows you to make easy full backups as well as remove the tons of bloatware that will come on your phone and sit there using up your battery whether you use them or not.

Sent from my SGH-M919
    09-30-2013 12:03 PM