S4 is Rooted: what will happen if I do a factory reset?

PabiGamito

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Lately, my new phone has been turning off randomly even when battery is almost full, and when I would plug it to charge it. I would should as if the battery is %0 for 1 or 2 seconds and then pop back to the real battery life. Any ways, I haven't found what is causing this and I think the only option I have left is doing a factory reset. Since my phone is rooted, I would like to know if doing a factory reset will harm the phone or do anything weird. I would also like to know if there is a way to back the phone up, so that I can get the backup even if my phone will not be rooted after factory reset.

Thank you in advance.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Lately, my new phone has been turning off randomly even when battery is almost full, and when I would plug it to charge it. I would should as if the battery is %0 for 1 or 2 seconds and then pop back to the real battery life. Any ways, I haven't found what is causing this and I think the only option I have left is doing a factory reset. Since my phone is rooted, I would like to know if doing a factory reset will harm the phone or do anything weird. I would also like to know if there is a way to back the phone up, so that I can get the backup even if my phone will not be rooted after factory reset.

Thank you in advance.

It wont do anything crazy. It will just reset the phone like normal, and you should still keep your root.
Did you ever flash a different ROM?

Bibigomez

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Do not factory reset from recovery or from the settings it will most likely cause boot loop. Just install a custom recovery and install a deodexed rom that is basically the same firmware but it comes with enhancements and it also comes rooted. You can google how to install a stock .img that gives you full stock but I'm not sure how to do that just yet

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
A FDR on a rooted phone does nothing but reset to a factory state and stays rooted.
If you have removed any bloat, a FDR does not put it back. It does not alter the ROM.
It wipes all user data, accounts, sync setting and applications downloaded from Playstore.

An FDR is safe on a rooted device.
Been there done that on every Android device I have owned; Droid X, Thunderbolt, Droid Bionic, Droid Razr, Razr Maxx, Droid Razr HD, Nexus 7, CM7 Nooks, Galaxy S3 and my GS4.

aleckblah

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Bought a S4 from a local TMobile dealer. The phone came rooted, and it is brand new. I believe they gently tore the sticker to access the phone without cutting it. Well, the phone looks and feels great. Now my only problem with the phone is that the battery DRAINS like I've ever seen before on any device. Having any charge, after waking up, there will be a 30-50% drop, depending on how long i sleep. And only shows display as the top user of battery. Do you know if a rooted phone drains the battery? I just did a Factory Reset. Now I will re-enter all account info, and see if anything will change.

cookiegurl

Banned
Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
A FDR on a rooted phone does nothing but reset to a factory state and stays rooted.
If you have removed any bloat, a FDR does not put it back. It does not alter the ROM.
It wipes all user data, accounts, sync setting and applications downloaded from Playstore.

An FDR is safe on a rooted device.
Been there done that on every Android device I have owned; Droid X, Thunderbolt, Droid Bionic, Droid Razr, Razr Maxx, Droid Razr HD, Nexus 7, CM7 Nooks, Galaxy S3 and my GS4.

- very useful. I have a rooted S4 and at some point, I messed up.

xuiton

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
sorry to hijack this thread but I am desperate.

after following these instructions to the letter my phone now is slow and freezes constantly, the keyboard will not work and I get this message popping up every 10 seconds "unfortunately samsung keyboard has stopped working". Basically the phone is unusable now.

wwwgalaxys4root.com/galaxy-s4-tutorials/how-to-unroot-galaxy-s4-and-remove-root-completely

I did this unroot and then factory reset.

using S4 international GT-I9095 with O2 UK

the stock I installed does look different from when I got it though.

Thanks.

AmkSharath

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I recently factory reset my Samsung galaxy grand quanta and I can't boot my device every time I switch my device on it takes me to recovery mode just like a loop I tried installing the superuser. Apk plz..... Help me out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox