Hi All,

Looking for a rom which has touchwiz or at least the ability to do the multi app feature that touchwiz supports. I want to split screen Netflix/Youtube and a browser.

That being said, I love stock android and enjoy cyanogenmod quite a bit because of those notification drawer toggle buttons. And the fact that it lets me increase the sms limit to 1000 per 30 minutes.

Thanks,
    Tilt_8925
    10-23-2013 06:47 PM
    This really depends on what your specific model number is. According to what you specified, I think OmniROM would be a good fit for you. If you haven't heard of it, basically its this new custom ROM that includes multi-window support. Its not as well done as Samsung's but its good enough for now. Other than that there's not much choice for you in terms of AOSP firmwares because they are all built on either Paranoid Android, AOKP, or Cyanogenmod code and none of those support multi window. You can argue that Paranoid Android has HALO, but that doesn't really offer side by side app functionality. Here I found this review of OmniROM if you're interested: OmniROM Android 4.3 Nightlies Review . I also found a quick overview on the same website: OmniROM - A Brand New Custom ROM For Android as well as on android authority: Meet OmniROM, a new custom ROM for Android. Keep in mind that technically this firmware isn't released yet and all the builds as of now are unofficial builds made by devs adding the code to existing AOSP firmwares. Still, its worth a look if you want multiwindow on an AOSP firmware. Other than that, you will be looking at just Touchwiz ROMs which there are a lot of already.
    10-23-2013 08:18 PM
    I'm running the a sim unlocked ATT I9505. I honestly am not enjoying touchwiz, it feels clunky and slow. Chrome freezes up on me on a daily basis and the interface just wastes a lot of space as everything is huge, the notification drawer is horrible.

Is there anything that would get me close to stock android while keeping the multi window functionality ?
    10-24-2013 08:36 AM