In a recent post Android Root was recommended as an easy and sure way to root the S4. I looked at their site, but couldn't find the S4 listed as a supported device. The person who made the comment assured me that it works for the S4. Has anyone else had experience with Kingo Android Root on the S4? Just being cautious.
    Thanks
    Bob
    10-24-2013 12:24 PM
    In a recent post Android Root was recommended as an easy and sure way to root the S4. I looked at their site, but couldn't find the S4 listed as a supported device. The person who made the comment assured me that it works for the S4. Has anyone else had experience with Kingo Android Root on the S4? Just being cautious.
    Thanks
    Bob
    [ROOT] Kingo Android Root Method - xda-developers
    10-24-2013 02:35 PM
    Thanks. I looked at the XDA page and it looks like this is a great app. However, my concern stems from the fact that all the people that commented listed their models as SGH-I337, while mine model is
    SPH-L720. This is probably why I can't find it in the list of supported phones, so I wonder if all S-4 models are acceptable anyway?
    10-24-2013 04:24 PM
    Thanks. I looked at the XDA page and it looks like this is a great app. However, my concern stems from the fact that all the people that commented listed their models as SGH-I337, while mine model is
    SPH-L720. This is probably why I can't find it in the list of supported phones, so I wonder if all S-4 models are acceptable anyway?
    I apologize. For some reason I thought you had the At&t model. That is what I am using and I rooted
    10-24-2013 05:52 PM
    Try this.
    [SPH-L720] CF-Auto-Root - xda-developers
    10-24-2013 05:55 PM
    I apologize. For some reason I thought you had the At&t model. That is what I am using and I rooted
    No need to apologize, I appreciate all the effort you put in trying to help me. I don't think the Android Root is carrier specific anyway. Soon after I got my S-4 I allowed Sprint to install an OTA update which gave me software version 4.42, the MF3 version. Good thing I didn't attempt to root, because there is a good chance I would have made the phone unusable. I wonder if Sprint sent this OTA out in order to make it difficult for users to root.
    Anyway, I have found info on rooting this version, but haven't really explored the pros and cons yet. So far it doesn't sound like something I want to just jump into, and so far the info is only about ATT phones. Sprint users, research and beware.
    10-24-2013 09:17 PM
    I'm looking to root mine I337 too. When you did so, did you lose any data in the process? I'm going to back up everything just in case, but i was curious if there is data loss after the running kingo root.
    10-28-2013 01:18 PM
    I'm looking to root mine I337 too. When you did so, did you lose any data in the process? I'm going to back up everything just in case, but i was curious if there is data loss after the running kingo root.
    10-28-2013 01:22 PM
    Nope didn't lose anything. It's very quick and easy
    10-28-2013 03:59 PM