ROMs not working?

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could help me with an issue I'm having? I'm on a Tmobile GS4 and have rooted my phone. I installed twrp 2.6.0.3 and made a backup. I was told that the slimbean rom was good if I wanted a stock experience so I downloaded their most recent official build of 4.3 and flashed it. but it won't boot up, it just shows their logo/symbol flashing but won't turn on.
Any help is appreciated, TIA :)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could help me with an issue I'm having? I'm on a Tmobile GS4 and have rooted my phone. I installed twrp 2.6.0.3 and made a backup. I was told that the slimbean rom was good if I wanted a stock experience so I downloaded their most recent official build of 4.3 and flashed it. but it won't boot up, it just shows their logo/symbol flashing but won't turn on.
Any help is appreciated, TIA :)

Did you do a full wipe? The boot up does take a while...like up to 10 minutes.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I did not wipe. The thread said wipes are not necessary but I'll try that. It's been booting up for a while so do I go back into twrp and wipe then try again?

What thread?
And yes, always do a clean install (full wipe)

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The one on xda said something about it not being necessary between installs. so now I wipe and reboot or do I need to wipe and flash the rom again?

I would wipe and reflash. What they meant was updates to the custom ROM.

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for the long delay. Caught up in the football game. Look for slims gapps. They work a little better. Here: Downloads - Addons
It's alright, watching the baseball game :cool:
I found one that worked fine, but my camera doesn't seem to work. It starts up and it's all black but I can see the shutter button and settings button. then a few seconds later it's completely black and I can't do anything on it. is this common with this rom?

- - - Updated - - -

I'd really like to keep this rom because my battery is much improved. the idle time is insane with this rom :)

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It's alright, watching the baseball game :cool:
I found one that worked fine, but my camera doesn't seem to work. It starts up and it's all black but I can see the shutter button and settings button. then a few seconds later it's completely black and I can't do anything on it. is this common with this rom?

- - - Updated - - -

I'd really like to keep this rom because my battery is much improved. the idle time is insane with this rom :)

A choice then....email the developers and see what they say, or try redownloading and reflashing.

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
A choice then....email the developers and see what they say, or try redownloading and reflashing.

Alright. One more thing, everything in this ROM feels so small. The status bar icons look small, the AC app feels like it shrunk. Is that how this ROM is or can it be changed?

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Alright. One more thing, everything in this ROM feels so small. The status bar icons look small, the AC app feels like it shrunk. Is that how this ROM is or can it be changed?

It can be changed, at the moment, I can't remember how.

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Settings>Interface>LCD Density. Follow the instructions. I think you just have to change it to stock value. I would Google your deivce and LCD density first.

Is it the same as PPI? Also, how do I clear market data and open market? Those are two steps needed after changing the LCD density

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Is it the same as PPI? Also, how do I clear market data and open market? Those are two steps needed after changing the LCD density

I think it is the same. Did you reboot after changing the LCD?

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
OK, so I can't change it because apparently my phone isn't rooted? Then how else would I have gotten this ROM? Downloaded supersu to try and install but it doesn't work :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463