10-30-2013 11:14 PM
27 12
tools
    Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could help me with an issue I'm having? I'm on a Tmobile GS4 and have rooted my phone. I installed twrp 2.6.0.3 and made a backup. I was told that the slimbean rom was good if I wanted a stock experience so I downloaded their most recent official build of 4.3 and flashed it. but it won't boot up, it just shows their logo/symbol flashing but won't turn on.
    Any help is appreciated, TIA
    10-27-2013 07:32 PM
    Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could help me with an issue I'm having? I'm on a Tmobile GS4 and have rooted my phone. I installed twrp 2.6.0.3 and made a backup. I was told that the slimbean rom was good if I wanted a stock experience so I downloaded their most recent official build of 4.3 and flashed it. but it won't boot up, it just shows their logo/symbol flashing but won't turn on.
    Any help is appreciated, TIA
    Did you do a full wipe? The boot up does take a while...like up to 10 minutes.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app
    10-27-2013 07:39 PM
    Did you do a full wipe? The boot up does take a while...like up to 10 minutes.

I did not wipe. The thread said wipes are not necessary but I'll try that. It's been booting up for a while so do I go back into twrp and wipe then try again?
    10-27-2013 07:46 PM
    I did not wipe. The thread said wipes are not necessary but I'll try that. It's been booting up for a while so do I go back into twrp and wipe then try again?
    What thread?
    And yes, always do a clean install (full wipe)

MotelCalifornia likes this.
    10-27-2013 07:50 PM
    What thread?
    And yes, always do a clean install (full wipe)

The one on xda said something about it not being necessary between installs. so now I wipe and reboot or do I need to wipe and flash the rom again?
    10-27-2013 07:54 PM
    The one on xda said something about it not being necessary between installs. so now I wipe and reboot or do I need to wipe and flash the rom again?
    I would wipe and reflash. What they meant was updates to the custom ROM.

MotelCalifornia likes this.
    10-27-2013 08:37 PM
    I would wipe and reflash. What they meant was updates to the custom ROM.

ok, that worked thanks, about the gapps? would any file work?
    10-27-2013 08:41 PM
    ok, that worked thanks, about the gapps? would any file work?
    Sorry for the long delay. Caught up in the football game. Look for slims gapps. They work a little better. Here: Downloads - Addons
    10-27-2013 10:06 PM
    Sorry for the long delay. Caught up in the football game. Look for slims gapps. They work a little better. Here: Downloads - Addons
    It's alright, watching the baseball game
    I found one that worked fine, but my camera doesn't seem to work. It starts up and it's all black but I can see the shutter button and settings button. then a few seconds later it's completely black and I can't do anything on it. is this common with this rom?

- - - Updated - - -

I'd really like to keep this rom because my battery is much improved. the idle time is insane with this rom
    10-27-2013 10:40 PM
    It's alright, watching the baseball game
    I found one that worked fine, but my camera doesn't seem to work. It starts up and it's all black but I can see the shutter button and settings button. then a few seconds later it's completely black and I can't do anything on it. is this common with this rom?

- - - Updated - - -

I'd really like to keep this rom because my battery is much improved. the idle time is insane with this rom
    A choice then....email the developers and see what they say, or try redownloading and reflashing.

10-27-2013 11:29 PM
    A choice then....email the developers and see what they say, or try redownloading and reflashing.

Alright. One more thing, everything in this ROM feels so small. The status bar icons look small, the AC app feels like it shrunk. Is that how this ROM is or can it be changed?

Posted via Android Central App
    10-28-2013 10:41 AM
    Alright. One more thing, everything in this ROM feels so small. The status bar icons look small, the AC app feels like it shrunk. Is that how this ROM is or can it be changed?

It can be changed, at the moment, I can't remember how.

10-28-2013 03:55 PM
    It can be changed, at the moment, I can't remember how.

OK, if you remember can you let me know. Been looking through the settings to no avail. I can see it just fine but it would be nice if they were bigger

10-28-2013 10:26 PM
    OK, if you remember can you let me know. Been looking through the settings to no avail. I can see it just fine but it would be nice if they were bigger

Running SlimRom, right?
    10-28-2013 10:29 PM
    Running SlimRom, right?
    Yeah lol

10-28-2013 10:48 PM
    Yeah lol

Settings>Interface>LCD Density. Follow the instructions. I think you just have to change it to stock value. I would Google your deivce and LCD density first.
    10-28-2013 10:54 PM
    Settings>Interface>LCD Density. Follow the instructions. I think you just have to change it to stock value. I would Google your deivce and LCD density first.
    Is it the same as PPI? Also, how do I clear market data and open market? Those are two steps needed after changing the LCD density

10-28-2013 10:58 PM
    Is it the same as PPI? Also, how do I clear market data and open market? Those are two steps needed after changing the LCD density

I think it is the same. Did you reboot after changing the LCD?

10-28-2013 11:12 PM
    I think it is the same. Did you reboot after changing the LCD?

Haven't done it yet, wanted to know first. My phones PPI is 441 so set it to 441 and reboot? Then how to I go to this "market"

10-28-2013 11:14 PM
    OK, so I can't change it because apparently my phone isn't rooted? Then how else would I have gotten this ROM? Downloaded supersu to try and install but it doesn't work

10-28-2013 11:19 PM
    OK, so I can't change it because apparently my phone isn't rooted? Then how else would I have gotten this ROM? Downloaded supersu to try and install but it doesn't work

Weird....Which carrier?
    10-28-2013 11:34 PM
    Weird....Which carrier?
    Tmobile

10-28-2013 11:36 PM
    Tmobile

Try galaxys4root .com
    Reroot the device, following his method.

10-29-2013 12:21 AM
    Try galaxys4root .com
    Reroot the device, following his method.

Hmm, I'm just going to keep it the way it is. I would've liked bigger icons but I don't mind them all that much

10-29-2013 02:13 PM
    Hmm, I'm just going to keep it the way it is. I would've liked bigger icons but I don't mind them all that much

I got used to it pretty quick.

From a Sprint Moto X
    10-29-2013 03:42 PM
27 12