Bought rooted galaxy s4

davy4475

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I bought a galaxy s4 and only noticed after a few days that it was rooted, i checked it with root checker. I'm new to all this and was wondering what is my next options. Unrooted, what apps I can install and stuff like that. I'm on o2 in the UK and on 4.2.2

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I bought a galaxy s4 and only noticed after a few days that it was rooted, i checked it with root checker. I'm new to all this and was wondering what is my next options. Unrooted, what apps I can install and stuff like that. I'm on o2 in the UK and on 4.2.2

Welcome to the forums.
Rooting grants more options that unrooted. You can download an app Like Titanium, and back up your app data to restore later. You can also freeze or delete applications that you won't use. I would suggest freezing first, just to make sure it doesn't mess with the phone.

davy4475

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Since I never rooted it should I be worried about anything and what apps would anyone recommend now that it is rooted

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Since I never rooted it should I be worried about anything and what apps would anyone recommend now that it is rooted

I wouldn't worry too much. Try Titanium backup. You can freeze some bloat apps with it.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply and if I'm to keep it how could I make the most from it lol

You can look at flashing a custom recovery, although that is probably fine already.
Also look at flashing different ROMs.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz