Flashing Stock

ajl

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone point me in the right direction of flashing Stock back on my GS4? (Touchwiz) I currently am running KangaBean (A Google Edition 4.3 ROM) And I want to go back to the way my phone came while keeping root. I have already tried flashing my ATT variant of it from Galaxys4root.com but when installing in CWM it gives me Installation Aborted.

Any help offered, is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone point me in the right direction of flashing Stock back on my GS4? (Touchwiz) I currently am running KangaBean (A Google Edition 4.3 ROM) And I want to go back to the way my phone came while keeping root. I have already tried flashing my ATT variant of it from Galaxys4root.com but when installing in CWM it gives me Installation Aborted.

Any help offered, is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
You should've made a nandroid backup before installing the custom ROM. That way you can always go back in case anything goes wrong. It still lets you keep root

ajl

May 22, 2013
Visit site
You should've made a nandroid backup before installing the custom ROM. That way you can always go back in case anything goes wrong. It still lets you keep root
Hmm, I guess I should have done a bit more research huh? I flashed a new ROM within a week or so of getting the phone. So I obviously wasn't very precautious. My fault. Other than that, is there a way to go back?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, I guess I should have done a bit more research huh? I flashed a new ROM within a week or so of getting the phone. So I obviously wasn't very precautious. My fault. Other than that, is there a way to go back?
I'm not sure how the AT&T version works. Have you tried using TWRP to flash it?
Also, what firmware are you on? Settings > About Device. It should end in MF3 if it's the latest one

ajl

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure how the AT&T version works. Have you tried using TWRP to flash it?
Also, what firmware are you on? Settings > About Device. It should end in MF3 if it's the latest one
I'm luckily still on MDL. I never updated. And no, I haven't tried using TWRP. I don't know how to go about that.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Just did a quick search, going back to stock will always break root :(
You'd have to flash stock firmware and then re-root

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm luckily still on MDL. I never updated. And no, I haven't tried using TWRP. I don't know how to go about that.
TWRP is pretty much like CWM but it's easier to make the nandroid backups I mentioned.
I know you can root the MF3 now but not sure about custom recoveries (TWRP, CWM)

ajl

May 22, 2013
Visit site
TWRP is pretty much like CWM but it's easier to make the nandroid backups I mentioned.
I know you can root the MF3 now but not sure about custom ROMs
Honestly I'm fine with losing root for now. As long as I can reroot it isn't a big deal. I'd just like stock back.

ajl

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, it says MDL is the latest but I'm pretty sure it's MF3.
Do you know anywhere else I can get a copy of it? I'm not being lazy. Trust me, I've spent a lot of time researching this issue.

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Oh sorry. I didn't see that! However, it seems when entering my device, there isn't an option for the US at all!

You need to search for your model. The search box is near the top, just put SGH- and whatever the AT&T variant is

ajl

May 22, 2013
Visit site
You need to search for your model. The search box is near the top, just put SGH- and whatever the AT&T variant is

Yeah, haha I did that. There are no US carriers available on there. All other countries for my i9505.