Hi everyone,

I tried searching but no luck. I just finished rooting my phone with the Kingo app. I then installed Greenify and Titanium Backup. With Titanium Backup I uninstalled some At&t bloatware and ChatOn. And with Greenify, I hibernated a bunch of apps.

My phone started freezing every 5 seconds and said the Samsung TTS has stopped working, but I fixed that by switching to Google. But now, when I use apps like Reddit is Fun. Feedly, and ESPN, they are unable to connect to the internet while on wifi. These apps are not hiberated with Greenify. Other apps, like Chrome, are able to use the internet just fine. I reinstalled At&t Smart Wifi and ChatOn from the play store but I'm still having this problem. Unfortunately, I did not do a backup with Titanium. I would appreciate any help and I would strongly prefer not to factory reset my phone. Thank you.
    11-03-2013 09:25 PM
    Hi everyone,

I tried searching but no luck. I just finished rooting my phone with the Kingo app. I then installed Greenify and Titanium Backup. With Titanium Backup I uninstalled some At&t bloatware and ChatOn. And with Greenify, I hibernated a bunch of apps.

My phone started freezing every 5 seconds and said the Samsung TTS has stopped working, but I fixed that by switching to Google. But now, when I use apps like Reddit is Fun. Feedly, and ESPN, they are unable to connect to the internet while on wifi. These apps are not hiberated with Greenify. Other apps, like Chrome, are able to use the internet just fine. I reinstalled At&t Smart Wifi and ChatOn from the play store but I'm still having this problem. Unfortunately, I did not do a backup with Titanium. I would appreciate any help and I would strongly prefer not to factory reset my phone. Thank you.
    Welcome to the forums.
    Did you do a full wipe (cache, dalvik, and factory reset) with the phone when you flashed the ROM?
    11-03-2013 09:31 PM
    Welcome to the forums.
    Did you do a full wipe (cache, dalvik, and factory reset) with the phone when you flashed the ROM?
    Hi Golfdriver,

Thank you for your response. No, I did not do a full wipe or any sort of wipe. Was I supposed to? I'm sorry, I am new to this.
    sicario666 likes this.
    11-03-2013 09:34 PM
    Hi Golfdriver,

Thank you for your response. No, I did not do a full wipe or any sort of wipe. Was I supposed to? I'm sorry, I am new to this.
    It's always best to start fresh going into a Rom. Fresh start=wipe data and cache

53N7 FR0M M4 DMAXX V1A 7A9A7A7K
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    11-03-2013 09:50 PM
    It's always best to start fresh going into a Rom. Fresh start=wipe data and cache

I'll keep that in mind, thanks. Is there anything I can do about this wifi problem as of now?
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    11-03-2013 10:00 PM
    I'll keep that in mind, thanks. Is there anything I can do about this wifi problem as of now?
    I would suggest booting into recovery and creating a backup. Just in case something goes south you can restore it.

Wipe data and cache. Then reflash the Rom. That's the best thing to do.

Golfdriver97 likes this.
    11-03-2013 10:02 PM
    Couldn't agree more. The only time you could​ get away with not doing any wiping is when there is a small update in the custom ROM you are using, but even then I would still suggest a wiping of the system and Dalvik cache.
    11-03-2013 10:16 PM
    I would suggest booting into recovery and creating a backup. Just in case something goes south you can restore it.

Wipe data and cache. Then reflash the Rom. That's the best thing to do.

For Mario with the rocket launcher: I suggest leading the Koopas a little bit more than usual. I think they are getting a tiny bit faster.....
    sicario666 likes this.
    11-03-2013 10:18 PM
    Thanks for your responses. Is there a guide on how to boot in recovery and create a backup? And this will allow me to wipe data and cache without losing any of my apps, files, or data?
    11-04-2013 07:33 AM
    Thanks for your responses. Is there a guide on how to boot in recovery and create a backup? And this will allow me to wipe data and cache without losing any of my apps, files, or data?
    Good one Golfdriver! Either they're faster...or I'm just older. Leaning toward the old though

As for recovery. You can only get there if you have safestrap installed. You would need to find the safestrap thread for the s4 and there will be instructions on how to boot into recovery there. I'll try to find you the direct link. It will more than likely be over on xda-developers.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2428226 make sure this is the correct version you need. I'm not sure whether you have ME7 or MI1. double check before you move forward.

11-04-2013 07:59 AM
    Depending on which recovery you have, yes. Here is one for ClockworkMod (CWM): http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-recovery.html
    And here is how to reboot into recovery: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...2-s3-tab2.html
    sicario666 likes this.
    11-04-2013 08:14 AM