I'm having to install "Good for Enterprise" on my Sprint Galaxy S4 to get a stipend, and our Good Server does not allow rooted phones.

SO, I'm trying to get back to a stock firmware. I've put what I think are a couple of correct ROMs on my SD card and tried to flash them, but they keep failing, so I'm obviously missing something.

Can someone tell me what I need to do on a hosed up GS4 to get back to 4.2.2 stock Sprint?

Thanks in advance.
    11-06-2013 05:56 PM
    I downloaded this:

http://r18---sn-nx57ynel.c.android.c...E0831&key=cms1

Put it on my SD card.

I boot into recovery (I guess- volume up + power), and see a dead android guy with the red triangle.

I scroll down to flash from external storage, surf to the file, and it does its thing, but when it's "verifying settings" (I think- it's hard to read), I get some red text and it boots into my already-installed ROM.

Anyone?
    11-06-2013 08:37 PM
    I'm sorry that I can't offer much on this. But I can assure you of the fact that it's not possible to just flash a stock ROM. I've tried and failed the last few weeks.
    11-07-2013 06:46 PM
    Where you can go depends on where you are.
    - If you're currently on 4.2.2, you have to download the MF9.tar.md5 and install it via download mode using Odin. There are instructions for this on XDA near the top (because everyone had to do it for MJA 4.3).
    - If you did the 4.3 update, you are stuck. There is no going back to 4.2.2 and the Stock unrooted ROM for 4.3 isn't available yet.
    11-08-2013 01:17 AM
    I actually had this issue myself. Darnell0216 I thought I was in that boat but there is a way to do it. Keep in mind you will essentially be wiping ALL your data, so backup what you need to backup!

pull the battery from your phone and grab the S/N. then open up Kies (or download it if you dont have it already), and without connecting your phone to the computer yet, go to TOOLS and then Emergency Firmware Recovery... put in the info as asked (model and s/n), and then it will ask you to go into download mode, and it will do the rest to bring you back to stock.
    11-08-2013 12:01 PM
    I actually had this issue myself. Darnell0216 I thought I was in that boat but there is a way to do it. Keep in mind you will essentially be wiping ALL your data, so backup what you need to backup!

pull the battery from your phone and grab the S/N. then open up Kies (or download it if you dont have it already), and without connecting your phone to the computer yet, go to TOOLS and then Emergency Firmware Recovery... put in the info as asked (model and s/n), and then it will ask you to go into download mode, and it will do the rest to bring you back to stock.
    MF9's .tar.md5 file will only reset your system data to "like new". User data is left intact which is why I suggested it . And as far as MJA 4.3 goes, Kies doesn't support it yet and the bootloader is locked. There's only one way out on XDA right now until something better comes along. Note that the ROM is stock rooted so Enterprise still won't be happy.
    11-08-2013 02:26 PM