I've recently purchased the Galaxy S4 and want to put the Google Play Edition Rom onto my phone as I hate the Touchwiz UI, I'm completely new to Android I've just heard about the Rom etc but I have no idea how to root flash it on etc so I'm a very basic beginner, can anyone help me on how to get it on.

I live in the UK and my S4 is locked to the O2 network if that helps I don't have the 4.3 update, I don't know if it has the Knox boot or something I heard about

Posted via Android Central App
    11-19-2013 04:21 PM
    INSTALING A NEW ROM DELETES EVERYTHING FROM THE PHONE SO BACK UP ALL OF YOUR IMPORTANT THINGS

1: Search how to root your specific model number and carrier, and after your done rooting you should have a app called superuser or supersu that verifies that your phone is rooted
    2: Go to the Google Play store and install goo manager and it will ask for superuser permissions so hit allow, then press menu and press on the "install open script recovery" and wait till it downloads and installs.
    3: You now have a custom recovery and ready to install the GPE rom, so download the rom it's self and then before you install anything back up your photos & sms and apps if you want them after you install the rom.
    3: Now that you have the rom and all your stuff backed, you want to go back to goo manager ago and tap on reboot recovery and wait a few seconds, then before you do anything BACK UP YOUR CURRENT Rom, because if anything goes wrong you can always restore from the back up.
    4: Now that you have all that done go to factory reset and go to advanced and check mark "data, dalvik cache, cache" and after that go ahead and tap on install and choose the rom and swipe to install it and when that's done you click reboot and your done

Posted via Android Central App
    Garvin6600 likes this.
    11-20-2013 09:59 PM