Hello, I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this, because I'm a newbie so I'm sorry if it's not right...

I wanted to know if there is a way, after flashing the CyanogenMod, I can install some Galaxy S4 TouchWiz apps, like the keyboard, or the camera, that I backed up with Titanium Backup? Im just suggesting because I have Titanium Backup but if there is another way I just want to know how

(By the way, are there a lot of app incompatibilities with cyanogenmod? Is the root included on the rom? Can I backup all my current rom as it is, the stock one?)
    Thanks!
    11-30-2013 06:43 AM
    Hello, I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this, because I'm a newbie so I'm sorry if it's not right...

I wanted to know if there is a way, after flashing the CyanogenMod, I can install some Galaxy S4 TouchWiz apps, like the keyboard, or the camera, that I backed up with Titanium Backup? Im just suggesting because I have Titanium Backup but if there is another way I just want to know how

(By the way, are there a lot of app incompatibilities with cyanogenmod? Is the root included on the rom? Can I backup all my current rom as it is, the stock one?)
    Thanks!
    Samsung apps like S note, Samsung Calendar, etc are signed only to TouchWiz based ROMs. When you shift over to something like Cyanogen Mod, you have to look at it as a trade off. You are sacrificing the Samsung apps for much, much MUCH faster updates, and a faster OS in general.

I believe CM is a rooted ROM. Your incompatibilities are probably conflicts between TW ROMs and AOSP ROMs.
    Bruninho98 likes this.
    12-01-2013 12:09 AM
    Thanks, and is there anyway I can backup my current rom? (Including defenitions, etc.?)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    12-01-2013 04:23 AM
    Thanks, and is there anyway I can backup my current rom? (Including defenitions, etc.?)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    If you have a custom recovery installed, here is how you do it.... http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=300292
    [Guide] How to use your Custom Recovery

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app
    Bruninho98 likes this.
    12-01-2013 09:00 AM
    Is it like ROM Manager?

Enviado do meu GT-I9505 atravs de Tapatalk
    12-01-2013 09:22 AM
    Is it like ROM Manager?

Yes and no.
    Recoveries are a separate partition of ROMs. They can help do things the regular UI can't.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...ifference.html

ROM manager is good for a few things, like checking for updates to ClockworkMod and you should be able to reboot into recovery through that app.
    Otherwise, here is how to reboot into recovery: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...2-s3-tab2.html
    Bruninho98 likes this.
    12-01-2013 09:57 AM
    Thanks, a lot, will update when it's done!

12-01-2013 12:22 PM
    Just some little things before "cyanogenmoding" my phone: Can you explain me what is the kernel? Should I install a custom kernel? Is it more dangerous than a custom rom? How do I backup my current kernel?
    12-01-2013 03:35 PM
    Just some little things before "cyanogenmoding" my phone: Can you explain me what is the kernel? Should I install a custom kernel? Is it more dangerous than a custom rom? How do I backup my current kernel?
    The kernel is a program that allows the software to communicate with the hardware. It's essential for everything we do on our devices. You can use a custom Kernel if you are trying to improve performance, but I wouldn't do it for no particular reason.

Posted via Android Central App
    Bruninho98 likes this.
    12-01-2013 03:52 PM
    Can it allow me to play more time and spend less battery?

12-01-2013 03:54 PM

Possibly. Some kernels are easier on the battery, but kernels are specific to devices like ROMs are.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app
    Bruninho98 likes this.
    12-01-2013 03:59 PM
    Thanks! For now will just install the CyanogenMod, will keep this posted.

12-01-2013 04:01 PM

Once rooted, you can use an app like Set CPU to underclock the CPU, which could potentially save battery life. Some custom ROMs like CyanogenMod have this built in. You should probably read up on rooting, kernels and ROMs in order to understand the difference and the pros and cons of modifications.

Posted via Android Central App
    Bruninho98 likes this.
    12-01-2013 04:04 PM
    Almost everything set to go, one last ask: Will my backed up apps through Titanium Backup, work well after I restored them on the new ROM?

12-02-2013 04:27 PM
    Almost everything set to go, one last ask: Will my backed up apps through Titanium Backup, work well after I restored them on the new ROM?

For me, restoring apps has been hit and miss.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app
    Bruninho98 likes this.
    12-02-2013 08:28 PM
    Its flashed everything gone fine till now, because another question became: TiBackup askes me if I want to replace my Device ID, should I replace or no?
    12-04-2013 11:16 AM
    Its flashed everything gone fine till now, because another question became: TiBackup askes me if I want to replace my Device ID, should I replace or no?
    I am not sure. I would guess no.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app
    12-04-2013 08:31 PM