Samsung Galaxy S4 Vietnam Version

Drake Zyber

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I have got myself an S4, Made in Vietnam. Configured it for GMail, synced it, however I found that I could not access Play Store. Apparently, the OS is configured to restrict the user to install apps only from Samsung Apps (which are pre-installed in the phone).

Additionally, I am experiencing weak wifi connection and short battery time. I installed Easy Battery Saver, it started interfering in WiFi connections. I downloaded WiFi Booster apk file and installed it. Not only that this did not help wifi connections it also blocked facebook. Did a factory reset, and the set is working as previously i.e. weak wifi connection and short battery time.

Intend rooting the set for better performance and for accessing Play Store. I would like to know that if if I root, will the performance improve? Will I be able to access Google Play Store, GMail, facebook and other similar sites? Most important: Is the process reversible?

Drake Zyber

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Correction ! Correction !! Correction !!! I read somewhere on this forum that I should 'Clear Data' in Play Store Settings and then retry. I did that and can now access Play Store.
Successfully downloaded all the apps which I needed and installed. The phone is working fine.

However, the question of rooting the phone with an aim to improve performance still remains. And of course, is the process reversible ?

Will somebody kindly help me out.