Samsung Galaxy S4 i-9505 EE(UK) root and flash worrys!

coops_351

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Right I'm new to all things android and have been thinking about rooting my device ever since the OTA update from EE that upgraded the firmware from 4.2.2 to 4.3, I hate it, it's sluggish and my phone feels practically unusable because it's so laggy and freezes!

I have a couple of questions about rooting, flashing etc so any help would be grand! :D

I've been reading forums over the net and it seems to me that to root my phone I need it to be factory reset and free from EE, I'm not sure if this is true or not, also I'm considering flashing the ROM with Google Play Edition of 4.4.2 or using CM 11

Another thing that I'm unsure about is what custom recovery to use and which is better, CWM or TWRP?

Sorry for all the questions but any help would be most appreciated!! :D

aspot72

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Right I'm new to all things android and have been thinking about rooting my device ever since the OTA update from EE that upgraded the firmware from 4.2.2 to 4.3, I hate it, it's sluggish and my phone feels practically unusable because it's so laggy and freezes!

I have a couple of questions about rooting, flashing etc so any help would be grand! :D

I've been reading forums over the net and it seems to me that to root my phone I need it to be factory reset and free from EE, I'm not sure if this is true or not, also I'm considering flashing the ROM with Google Play Edition of 4.4.2 or using CM 11

Another thing that I'm unsure about is what custom recovery to use and which is better, CWM or TWRP?

Sorry for all the questions but any help would be most appreciated!! :D

First, are you sure that you need rooted device??? From your post I think you're not advanced user (no offence).
Secondly, if you wanna flash GE ROM you have to have unlocked bootloader (not rooted!). This is not easy, so if you're not familiar with ADB...
Thirdly, I wouldn't go for CM as it tends to mess up the phone (if flashing not done properly) like IMEI damage, no signal etc. Also, it VERY hard to go back to stock after CM...
I would advise you to ask yourself what you want from your phone? Before flashing GPE ROM, try Google Experience launcher, to see if it suits you better than TW. The GPE ROm is plain Android , like Nexus devices, so you might miss added features...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01