rooted Verizon Galaxy S4 Bricked

vonfranklin1

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
So I bricked my phone the other day. I tried to use Odin to fix it with no luck. just before I gave up. I downloaded Kies And did a Factory fresh from the Samsung sever install took about 30 mins and I was back.

Last edited by a moderator:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: rooted Verizon Galaxy S4 Bricked

So I bricked my phone the other day. I tried to use Odin to fix it with no luck. just before I gave up. I downloaded Kies And did a Factory fresh from the Samsung sever install took about 30 mins and I was back.

Welcome to the forums.
Any issues since?

vonfranklin1

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

Other then it put everything back on my phone that I had took off. I am now trying to go back and find out what App I put on the phone that caused the phone to go Crazy. The Screen loocked like someone had put something hard on it. and no matter where I pushed it would do the opposite

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Other then it put everything back on my phone that I had took off. I am now trying to go back and find out what App I put on the phone that caused the phone to go Crazy. The Screen loocked like someone had put something hard on it. and no matter where I pushed it would do the opposite

I would install them a few at a time, and wait a day or two in between.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

vonfranklin1

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

Will do. I brought me a S4 the other day with a bad ESN (I think it was stolen) how ever I will be able to use that as a phone to test stability of the phone out

Yoshi323

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site

hi could you possibly help me out with my problem on here? i'm stuck in the download screen but i think i may know the problem although it kind of doesnt make sense.
i successfully had Hyperdrive 10.1 running on my phone and when i tried to reboot it to try and go back to my stock phone using Safestrap, it got stuck on that download screen.(i dont think i restarted my phone once for that whole week or so i had it running..) so what i think happened is that i didnt install Safestrap on Slot 1 where i have Hyperdrive, therefor i wasnt able to use the option to reboot using SS. sounds like a simple fix that hopefully doesnt require any sort of wipe??
i'm on 4.2.2 vruame7

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

hi could you possibly help me out with my problem on here? i'm stuck in the download screen but i think i may know the problem although it kind of doesnt make sense.
i successfully had Hyperdrive 10.1 running on my phone and when i tried to reboot it to try and go back to my stock phone using Safestrap, it got stuck on that download screen.(i dont think i restarted my phone once for that whole week or so i had it running..) so what i think happened is that i didnt install Safestrap on Slot 1 where i have Hyperdrive, therefor i wasnt able to use the option to reboot using SS. sounds like a simple fix that hopefully doesnt require any sort of wipe??
i'm on 4.2.2 vruame7

Welcome to the forums.
I would try reflashing the stock ROM via Odin.

Yoshi323

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site

Welcome to the forums.
I would try reflashing the stock ROM via Odin.

thanks for the reply

how do i go about doing that? only phone i've rooted before was a DroidX so i'm not too familiar.
also i dont even know what to do in that mode, i've pressed different buttons and all but still no response

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

thanks for the reply

how do i go about doing that? only phone i've rooted before was a DroidX so i'm not too familiar.
also i dont even know what to do in that mode, i've pressed different buttons and all but still no response

You will need the stock ROM. You can try Samsung updates.com.
And you will need to use Odin. Here is How: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-samsung-how-flash-stock-rom-via-odin.html
If need be, you should be able to find a YouTube video on how to use it as well.

Yoshi323

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site

You will need the stock ROM. You can try Samsung updates.com.
And you will need to use Odin. Here is How: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-samsung-how-flash-stock-rom-via-odin.html
If need be, you should be able to find a YouTube video on how to use it as well.

okay i checked that out and that should be no problem to do, but does it wipe your phone to stock or something? cause i just want to get into SS if possible or flash SS instead of a clean ROM cause i dont want to lose what i have on my phone. it was working just fine other than the fact that SS may not have been installed on that ROM slot

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

It does do a wipe. As for safestrap I am not familiar with that.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

xceeder

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site

okay i checked that out and that should be no problem to do, but does it wipe your phone to stock or something? cause i just want to get into SS if possible or flash SS instead of a clean ROM cause i dont want to lose what i have on my phone. it was working just fine other than the fact that SS may not have been installed on that ROM slot

Yes it will wipe your data but if you can do a nandroid backup then do that if not then make sure you do in the future and if you don't know how to backup , you go into your recovery and click backup and it will make a copy of your phone...

sent from my Nexus 7 using tapatalk pro..

Yoshi323

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site

It does do a wipe. As for safestrap I am not familiar with that.

well since i cant find the solution i was hoping for, i tried downloading that stock rom i need for my phone from the site
you provided but i cant find my phone in there. is it because it's verizon? i was on 4.2.2 VRUAME7 but i cant find it

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

well since i cant find the solution i was hoping for, i tried downloading that stock rom i need for my phone from the site
you provided but i cant find my phone in there. is it because it's verizon? i was on 4.2.2 VRUAME7 but i cant find it

I forgot, the server that was used voluntarily shut down. Have you tried XDA developers for a ROM?

Yoshi323

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site

I forgot, the server that was used voluntarily shut down. Have you tried XDA developers for a ROM?

i was close to finding it, but then i stopped. because after i downloaded ODIN and ran it, i plugged in my phone
then decided to give the button combinations one more try. . got asked if i really wanted to load a custom OS
or not and hit no, then got taken to the SS splash thing and hit "Recovery" then worked just fine after that hahah
sorry for the waste of time ^.^?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Not a waste of time. It got fixed. See you around the forums.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463