Rooted ATT GS4, Build JDQ39.I337UCUAMF3 - Now What?

reardoma

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Dear Community,

Let me get my specs out of the way and then i'll ask my question.

I've got a rooted AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4,
Running Android 4.2.2
Build Number JDQ39.I337UCUAMF3

I've followed the guides for rooting MF3 s4 devices, and can verify that i'm rooted via Titanium Backup and other SU requests I am able to allow.

My question is where to head next to learn any method of actually installing a custom ROM onto my device.

I have asked this question in a number of forums where i've learned to successfully root my device, but have only received responses akin to, "not possible"

but why? or is this not true? and where would one check daily to see when a method is developed to install a custom ROM?

Thanks for your help!!
Cheers

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Dear Community,

Let me get my specs out of the way and then i'll ask my question.

I've got a rooted AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4,
Running Android 4.2.2
Build Number JDQ39.I337UCUAMF3

I've followed the guides for rooting MF3 s4 devices, and can verify that i'm rooted via Titanium Backup and other SU requests I am able to allow.

My question is where to head next to learn any method of actually installing a custom ROM onto my device.

I have asked this question in a number of forums where i've learned to successfully root my device, but have only received responses akin to, "not possible"

but why? or is this not true? and where would one check daily to see when a method is developed to install a custom ROM?

Thanks for your help!!
Cheers
Welcome to Android Central
I think they said it's not possible because there is/was no recovery for the MF3 firmware. Haven't been up to date on that but if there isn't(pretty sure there's no workaround yet), you'll need to use SafeStrap to flash a custom ROM. A good place to check for any updates on that would be xda.developers.com :)

reardoma

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Awesome, thank you for your help,

I will start my google search on SafeStrap immediately..

I just find it hard to believe no one jumps on this thread immediately and says they've done it, i'm sure a bunch of people have the ATT s4 and like to install Custom ROMs, so i was hoping this would be a "much requested" task someone would like to tackle...

Anyone in the USA with my version of the S4 (ATTs MF3 build) that has successfully installed a custom ROM?

If so which ROM and what method did you use???

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Awesome, thank you for your help,

I will start my google search on SafeStrap immediately..

I just find it hard to believe no one jumps on this thread immediately and says they've done it, i'm sure a bunch of people have the ATT s4 and like to install Custom ROMs, so i was hoping this would be a "much requested" task someone would like to tackle...

Anyone in the USA with my version of the S4 (ATTs MF3 build) that has successfully installed a custom ROM?

If so which ROM and what method did you use???
Oh I'm sure it's a common request, there are other ways to do it though (Like SafeStrap)
The devs at XDA were working on a recovery but I don't think they've managed to do it, and now with 4.3 and the MK2 firmware I'm not sure how much they're working on it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21