Galaxy S4: Question about flashing roms!

swent1

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Hey there!

So I have a Canadian Bell Galaxy S4. Currently running the GPE KitKat 4.4.2 rom. My model number has changed from SGH-i337m to GT-I9505g having this rom. My question, is am I still able to flash say, Cyanogenmod for my Canadian S4 variant, or do I need to flash the rom made for the gpe model that is now listed under my about device, or does it even matter.. I was looking to try out Cyanogen and have looked around the internet for an answer and couldn't find it. Im using cwm touch recovery as well. Thought I'd ask you pros first!

Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Question about flashing roms!

I think you'd be fine flashing ROMs for the original model. Just to be sure though, I recommend flashing the stock ROM again, and then flashing CM

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Was thinking the same thing. Just back up any data you don't want to lose. Just in case.

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

only flash roms specific to your device model for example i own an att version so it would I-337. Most roms work across different S4 devices but you want to try to stay away from that unless the thread for that rom states it works on any S4 just so you don't experience issues later on.