Galaxy S4: Unrooting issues

kristylynn1992

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I've been trying to unroot my phone for the past 2 days and I keep getting a FAIL in Odin. I have tried new cables, tried plugging the usb in the back of the computer, tried different computers, different firmware, odin, and drivers and I keep getting a fail! On my phone the error says SV Rev. Check fail: fused: 4, Binary: 1 and on Odin it says

Get Pit for mapping...
Firmware update start...
aboot.mbn...
NAND write start..
Complete(Write) operation failed..
All threads completed (succeed 0/failed 1)

Someone please help me! Something so simple is really frustrating me. I have a Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 btw. Let me know. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Unrooting issues

Ok so I've been trying to unroot my phone for the past 2 days and I keep getting a FAIL in Odin. I have tried new cables, tried plugging the usb in the back of the computer, tried different computers, different firmware, odin, and drivers and I keep getting a fail! On my phone the error says SV Rev. Check fail: fused: 4, Binary: 1 and on Odin it says

Get Pit for mapping...
Firmware update start...
aboot.mbn...
NAND write start..
Complete(Write) operation failed..
All threads completed (succeed 0/failed 1)

Someone please help me! Something so simple is really frustrating me. I have a Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 btw. Let me know. Thanks!

Is the phone on 4.2.2 or 4.3?
If it's the former, you can unroot from within the SuperSU app.
Go to settings > scroll down and hit "full unroot"

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

jrawrig

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Same issue, but I have already unrooted through su so now I am partially unrooted, but cannot update phone because odin did not do normal boot and with cpu I get failed. Running 4.2.2

swahmed

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
If you are trying to "Unroot" to update your ROM, then the only way I have managed this is to flash a Stock Rom and then update via OTA or via Kies. Simply Unrooting via SuperSU doesnt revert your Rom back to standard.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair