Not sure where to begin with this post - but I need help.

limoman

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I apologize for the lengthy post, but I've been going down uncharted territory the past few days and I'm afraid I'm headed for trouble. So before I reach the point of no return, I'm asking for help. My info first:

Sprint S4, rooted with Clockwork 6.0.4.7 recovery installed. I have not been able to install any custom ROMs as of yet (so I assume this means I'm still on the stock ROM.) Currently running 4.3 on the phone.

I've been using ROM Manager and Titanium Backup Pro. ROM Manager has been the root of problems. Even though I have the app configured to use external SD storage for backups, it keeps backing up to my device - which now has no storage space left (20kb). I've tried deleting the ROM Manager backups (except for my original backup in case it was needed), but it doesn't seem to free up any space after rebooting. I have not been able to locate where ROM Manager stores the backups in order to try a manual delete. I see a couple of directories under the "storage" folder on the phone that are labeled "sdcard0" and "extSDCard", but don't dare mess with them without knowing what I'm doing.

My first issue is how to delete the backup files so I can regain space on the device. BTW: My SD card has over 40GB free space available - so plenty of room there. I'm just concerned that if I delete the only backup that is still listed in ROM Manager, I may be deleting a backup I need later if I ever unroot. Or is my Titanium Backup (of "userapps + system data") enough of a backup?

Additionally, my phone has downloaded the OTA update that I have not installed because I'm rooted. I tried using instructions on how to delete the downloaded update, from another thread, but file names don't match and again - uncharted territory for me.

So I need help freeing up space on my phone, deleting the OTA update, or possibly just returning to unrooted mode. Not sure of my options. Thanks for any help and again, I apologize for the lengthy post. Thanks.

Last edited:

limoman

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone at least point me to the directory where ROM Manager stores its backups? Or any documentation on using the app (aside from the developer's web site which has very limited info from a few years ago.) Any help in freeing up the storage space, is appreciated.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It should be under ClockWorkMod>data (I think) >backups

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

limoman

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, but no luck. Does anyone know the full path, from the root directory of the phone, to the location of the ROM Manager backup files? I don't know why ROM Manager has made this location such a secret? I'm just trying to avoid a wipe and reload. Thanks.

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Dude you can only safe strap with 4.3 no custom recoveries no twrp no cwm lokidoki doesnt work

must have unlocked boot loaders!!

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Sd card0 is your internal go there and find cwm and under that root folder you will find your back ups and be careful you can use es file explorer to copy and move them ok whats your build number or better yet your carrier

must have unlocked boot loaders!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1