I could use some major help

zomgsandisk

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys. So yesterday my phone died while I was out, when I got back to the car to plug it in it wouldn't turn on. I thought whatever and let it get some charge, after several hours later it still wouldn't boot. So then I started thinking it bricked out of nowhere? Is that possible? I watched my phone have 2% battery then 1%, it died like any other day. I haven't even tampered with it recently. I'm not running any custom roms either. So when I got home I looked it up and began trying to get into recovery mode and what not. This is my problem: I hold volume down+power, it shows "Warning" I press volume up, phone shuts off. And if I try to boot the phone normally, it shows the Samsung custom logo with the little unlocked padlock thing and then that shuts off as well. And the way it shuts off it strange too, it shuts off like an old TV where where it meets in the center then disappears. It's also the same with volume up+power, shuts right off after 5 seconds. I'm on Verizon btw

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Something isn't right.
Volume up is going into recovery. Volume down is download mode. Can the phone charge?

zomgsandisk

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I mixed it up, sorry. Neither of those work though. I confirmed that it was charging because I swapped batteries with my sister (also has an s4) and my battery was at 40%.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I mixed it up, sorry. Neither of those work though. I confirmed that it was charging because I swapped batteries with my sister (also has an s4) and my battery was at 40%.

You may need to reflash stock rom with Odin

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

zomgsandisk

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Somebody told me that but my problem when trying to do that is I hold down volume down+power and it goes to the Odin mode thing, but then it shuts off right away.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Somebody told me that but my problem when trying to do that is I hold down volume down+power and it goes to the Odin mode thing, but then it shuts off right away.

Can you take it to a Samsung center at Best Buy?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

I had this issue a few months ago. Pull out the battery for about 30 minutes and then try booting into download mode again. Worked for mine :D

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
When you hold them down and it begins to boot let go of the power button but keep the vol up and home or it will turn off

must have unlocked boot loaders!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay