Please Help!! Deleted My OS On Galaxy S4 !!!

kaame

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys...

Now today was a total disaster..

my phone was getting slow and i decided hey, lets root the phone and install some new custom roms so i can get rid of them unessessary programs..

WELL... this is where it went totally wrong.

After trying to wipe the phone before installing the new custom rom and gapp, I by accidently removed the _WHOLE OS_ on the phone, and now all that I can do with it,
is boot it and when it boots it gets stuck on the Galaxy S4 screen at the very beginning..

Now I have no clue what to do and how to get my phone working again...
If there's anyone who could help me to get it up running again I would appreciate it Alot, and I mean ALOT.

My phone is Galaxy S4 GT-I9505.

Please someone help.

And as I said, the phone is totally empty ( I guess.... ) ?

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys...

my phone was getting slow and i decided hey, lets root the phone and install some new custom roms so i can get rid of them unessessary programs..

After trying to wipe the phone before installing the new custom rom and gapp, I by accidently removed the _WHOLE OS_ on the phone, and now all that I can do with it,
is boot it and when it boots it gets stuck on the Galaxy S4 screen at the very beginning..

If there's anyone who could help me to get it up running again I would appreciate it Alot, and I mean ALOT.

Please someone help.

You wiped your sd card probably. Take your external sd card out and use a adapter to attach to your pc so you can transfer the rom and gapps to it. Then put your sd card back in. Turn your phone on but hold the power button + volume up + the home button to get into recovery. Then flash the rom. Reboot and profit.

kaame

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
The problem is that I don't even have a SD-card on my phone... never thought i'd use it....

now that's something i regret now.

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
The problem is that I don't even have a SD-card on my phone... never thought i'd use it....

Go buy one. Or go to xda, download odin and the stock rom odin tar files and flash from your pc. You need to be careful and follow instructions or you can brick your phone.

kaame

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
welll you're explaining to a noob with a phone at the moment... I've never used odin, is there a link somewhere for instructions or something?

I really need to get my phone working... :\

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S 4 i9500, i9505, i9505G, i9506 - xda-developers

Check the section for your phone model. Search on there for odin and how to return to stock. Do lots of reading before doing. Id help more but im mobile. Trust me, everything you need is on those forums. Or just go buy a cheap sd card and go that route as i stated earlier. If you do the odin restore you will loose root. But you should be able to reroot if you wish. Next time use your recovery to backup your stock rom and try not to wipe your sd card while in recovery.

kaame

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Thank you a bunch !

I'll try to find out something from the forum, if not i'll buy a sd card tomorrow from a shop nearby.

Once again thank you very much!

Markctco

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
If you have a Best Buy store in your area you can take the phone there as they all now have a Samsung kiosk with employees trained on Samsung devices. They can (hopefully) re-flash the firmware for no cost. They don't really ask too many questions, but I wouldn't tell them anything about root plans or such. I've used them before and stuff like that is cost free. You can also ask questions and get a little educated on your device.

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys...

Please someone help.

Once it's gone it's gone I hope you followed the first rule of flashing a rom nandroid ba k up from your recovery
Now what you need to do i s to tell me which recovery you have I hope you have either an sd reader on your computer or the ability to adb push a rom to the sd card bc at this point all you really need to do is get a compatible rom on an sd and flash it and the idea of a flash and wipe is to delete the whole os (after a nandroid back up of course) and flash a new rom that's why you use something like titanium backup to backup your apps and settings

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

That's how you make back ups and store them because in a flash and wipe you wipe everything off of your internal so the best thing to do is to get an odin flash to do this you need odin the .tar files and to go into download mode per button volume up and down and home button

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy