Galaxy S4 Rooting Questions..

Frazzguy

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
Hello, this Christmas I received the Galaxy S4. This is my first smartphone and I have a few questions about rooting.

First, is it a big risk rooting the phone? I don't want my brand new phone to become a paperweight.

Second of all, what are the benefits? I know with jailbreaking a phone and with cydia you can do many different things that appeal to me including hacking games, changing software etc.

My last question is how would I go about rooting my phone. I want a software that would enable me to do the things you can do with cydia i.e cheating games etc. If you could link me with a useful software and possibly a tutorial that'd be great.

Thanks for your help!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums and Android!

Rooting can POSSIBLY brick your device. It used to be a common occurrence, but now it is very rare, but still possible.

Benefits can include backing up your current OS (called a Nanadroid); installing apps, like Titanium, that allow you to make changes to the system apps; some apps have functions or options that are only available to root users; the ability to use Xposed Framework, which can allow you to alter the OS....the list goes on.

As for gaming cheats, I am not sure how root access allows you to do that.

Check this out: GalaxyS4Root.com - Learn How To Root Samsung Galaxy S4, install custom ROMs, and more!

Just look for your carrier version of how to root.

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Please tell me what carrier your on and what boot version of android your on.. i need this info to further assist you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello, this Christmas I received the Galaxy S4. This is my first smartphone and I have a few questions about rooting.

First, is it a big risk rooting the phone? I don't want my brand new phone to become a paperweight.

Second of all, what are the benefits? I know with jailbreaking a phone and with cydia you can do many different things that appeal to me including hacking games, changing software etc.

My last question is how would I go about rooting my phone. I want a software that would enable me to do the things you can do with cydia i.e cheating games etc. If you could link me with a useful software and possibly a tutorial that'd be great.

Thanks for your help!

It is actually almost impossible to brick a modern phone. People that root like to have a little risk drama:) but the truth is that there is almost no risk at all. Do what you want, you can always un root if you want.

Posted via Android Central App