update and rooted

binghjs78

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I looked for similar post and can't find. My Verizon s4 is wanting to update and im rooted. I dont care if I get updates or not but what would happen if I took the update and my phone is rooted. Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I looked for similar post and can't find. My Verizon s4 is wanting to update and im rooted. I dont care if I get updates or not but what would happen if I took the update and my phone is rooted. Thanks

At best the OTA will break root access. There is a possibility of the OTA bricking the device.

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

There is a possibility to get OTA updates in some phones after rooting, OTA cannot brick your phone.

Cwey55

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
If you try to install it will likely fail anyways and say no changes made, that's what mine did.

binghjs78

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone tell me how to stop it from popping up ask me when to install it. I dont want it at all only heard bad things n I like being rooted

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone tell me how to stop it from popping up ask me when to install it. I dont want it at all only heard bad things n I like being rooted

Pull down the notification shade, long press the update notification, click app info that comes up, uncheck show notifications.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

binghjs78

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
It still keeps coming back. I tried to use titanium backup to freeze it but it says cant gain root access. I ran root check and it says it rooted. Whats up with that?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781