how to unlock s4 l720t sprint to gsm

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the forums at AC!

In order for someone to help you better, please tell us more info, like which carrier are you trying to use.
My brother and I have the GS4 and he never unlocked it from Sprint but when he goes to Mexico he can buy a prepaid SIM over there and use his GS4 with no problem.

rijat

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
hi, i also have a sph-l720t. i wanna use it in Europe. there is no unlock yet. what should i do. please any info...thanks in advance

DaisFlaque

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
you need to sim unlock the device by either contacting sprint or following the xda guide/tool. once you have unlocked it put the att sim in and then follow the att/tmobile guide and youll have a sprint s4 on att/tmobile. youll need to edit the apn's to get data/mms working, and even then it will be 2g/3g/4g hspa+ youll get. sprints s4 does not have the right bands for att/tmobile 4glte, but it will at least be working.. not sure if this will do the trick.. post copyed from shabbypenguin.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello rijat, welcome to the forums at Android Central!

I don't remember the model number but if that's the GS4 from sprint then you can use it in any GSM network in Europe.

The phone is already unlocked for international use, it's only locked for use in the US.

Sprint will unlock it for you to use here in the US.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS With My Galaxy S5

steve anderson7

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the forums at AC!

In order for someone to help you better, please tell us more info, like which carrier are you trying to use.
My brother and I have the GS4 and he never unlocked it from Sprint but when he goes to Mexico he can buy a prepaid SIM over there and use his GS4 with no problem.

Georgemonk

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
To Stargate

your last post said that sprint will unlock the phone for use here in the USA; How does one go about making that request?

Sprint has provided me with my MSL number, but i am really not sure what to do with it.

Also when i put in my verizon sim card; it says invalid sim.

thanks in advance for your help.

[previous post]
"Hello rijat, welcome to the forums at Android Central!

I don't remember the model number but if that's the GS4 from sprint then you can use it in any GSM network in Europe.

The phone is already unlocked for international use, it's only locked for use in the US.

Sprint will unlock it for you to use here in the US.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS With My Galaxy S5"

mladenbjelica

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I have Galaxy S4 L720T sprint.
I wanna use that phone in Bosnia and Herzegovina (Europe).
When I insert my Bosnian SIM card, here in America, i see warning "Invalid SIM card".
How to unlock my phone?

Thanks

BARTHOL

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
There is no unlock at yet, for the SPH L720T Tri Band Galaxy S4 the only way to get around this issue is to change the Logic Mother Board with i9500 or i337 model just make sure that the Mother Board sit ok on the L720T housing and also change the USB Charge Port Flex Cable that enables the home button and menu touch screen to work cost about $150.00

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton