Odin says "PASS" but root checker says "not rooted" Help!

Beverly Blaze

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I signed up just to get help because I'm extremely frustrated.I have gotten the Kit Kat update for my t-mobile s4 and now I can't root my phone again. I have tried to root my phone using Chainfire Auto root md5 file (jfltetmo-sghm919.tar.md5) & Odin 3.09. I have follow the simple directions as I'm done several times before to flash the root files onto my phone then Odin tells me that it passed. but when i tested with root checker app, the app along with other apps that request superuser permissions, tells me that my device is not rooted. I have tried to root my phone several times using different computers and I have no clue why my phone will not root. in download mode my device states that the knox void has been tripped & the binary is custom. this leaves me scratching my head please help!

xBens

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Reset all of the settings as well and make sure all of the security settings are disabled.

Install towel root and a root checker app and post your results.

Beverly Blaze

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Thanks to all that followed up with helpful suggestions. Something went wrong when I downloaded the upgrade (kit-kat) via kies. I could not re- root the device after that. However, when I downloaded the stock kit-kat from online and flashed it via Odin, I was able to root the device using chainfire auto root file. Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon