Can I modify my Samsung S4 in any way to allow me to use my Sprint SIM in my Verizon phone?

Firewallblast

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I recently switched from Verizon to Sprint. I have another Sprint S4 but am reluctant to move all my data to it as my previous one isn't rooted. Is it possible to allow me to still use my old Verizon phone with a Sprint SIM. What are the negatives if something does allow me to do that.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
As long as your phone is unlocked, you can use any SIM from any network. The tricky part, though, is to have your phone be able to 'talk' with the new network. If your Verizon phone doesn't support the network frequencies used by Sprint, your phone might be able to read the SIM, it just won't be able to talk to the network, thus, never allowing you to connect at all. And this, unfortunately, is hardware related and you cannot change it.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I recently switched from Verizon to Sprint. I have another Sprint S4 but am reluctant to move all my data to it as my previous one isn't rooted. Is it possible to allow me to still use my old Verizon phone with a Sprint SIM. What are the negatives if something does allow me to do that.
Sprint and Verizon operate under different CDMA frequencies. As mentioned above, you won't be able to connect the device to the network due to hardware differences. Most importantly, Sprint won't even activate the device on their network since it likely will come up as a non-sprint device that won't work.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon