Cannot Flash Back to Stock

jondgls

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I have a GT-I9505 jflte device. I have used many custom ROMS but recently I updated my bootloader and modem from XXUEMK9 to XXUGNH8 (4.4.2). Thing is my device / region stock firmware only goes up to 4.3 XXUEMK9 and because the bootloader can not be downgraded I am unable to flash back to stock 4.3 as Odin keeps failing.

Does anyone know of a way I can get back to stock in this situation? Can I downgrade the bootloader or is there a modified stock fw for my device on 4.4.2?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Flash the baseband/modem that you originally had when you rooted (same as your stock backup that you are trying to flash back to), then try to flash back to stock.

jondgls

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I did as you recommended, confirmed that the baseband / modem was downgraded to stock I9505XXUEMK9 but the flashing of the stock firmware still fails.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I totally misread your post... Since you upgraded your phone to 4.4.2, that's all you can go back to - I thought you were on a rom that had that baseband. You should be able to find a factory image of the stock 4.4.2 and flash it fine, if going to stock is your intention.