GS4 CM11 Installation

Dchl

May 1, 2014
Visit site
My current device is the Samsung Galaxy S4 (SCH-I545L) and my carrier is Cellcom.

Here is my "About" Settings Page: http://i.imgur.com/j3CVQL9.png
Here is proof my Device is Rooted: http://i.imgur.com/S4XsKzj.png
Here is info on my Carrier: Cellcom

So here is what I'm looking to get help with: I want to flash CM11 on my GS4. I have tried following videos from YouTubers like WWJoshDew, but those are all different versions of the GS4. Even when I try to use the CM11 installer, it tries to tell me my device is incompatible when I know it has been done before!

If any other information is needed, please ask!

Thanks ahead of time!

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
on the baseband that ends in NC5, you cannot install AOSP roms (a couple devs actually made this possible for a few, but I believe it's buggy/never used it)... Which means no CM11 for you, sorry.

WCM4262

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I have the exact same thing that I have been litterly trying 2mo. to find, . The ONLY DIFFERENCE IS I HAVE BLUEGRASS CELLULAR, KY an regional based that use own towers along with a Version but Verizion's has a fix AND IT DOES NOT HAVE THE "L' on the end, someone has to know a way; I thought I had it following" chainfire's Towelroot then side loading as stated..... basically b4 I thought I was doing a step wrong as Attempting a NANDROID BACKUP using CWM Rom Manager app an booting into RECOVERY, then on that screenshot, it has a option "backup /restore where ours" L" versions don't have so many have this you'd assume, someone would be determined to have, be determined to find a fix. Did you use Towelroot to vet root.?.......I would be content on just a way to nandroid backup the stok ROM, an a list of safely remove or just freeze the BLOATWARE EX: Knox, along with others that ive never even opened an I've had ever since they I bought the smart but stupid version of phone......... Someone please help. us. Rt. Now I might as well unroot it.,!

Posted via the Android Central App Using Samsung Galaxy S4 ®©™

WCM4262

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Ever since the 16GB Sandisk Ultra Class 10 SDHC card is not much use now other than for media, not "Hearing boot", you can't put apps that depend on - my int. Sd card is near full. We seem to be outta luck! Keep me posted if u found a way plz, tu

CM

Posted via the Android Central App Using Samsung Galaxy S4 ®©™

ch3mn3y

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
U cant freeze knox, u can just freeze its app, but knox flag will be changed (warranty is void), its chaged as u rooted ur phone

Im not owner of s4 and my obly samsung phones were ace 1, s advance and note 2, but i think u can use odin to flash different fw for other region with its baseband and that flash recovery?

If u have root use titanium backup to freeze apps, its safe, but if something got wrong u can reflash ur fw (however u will lose ur data)

Can u tell something more about yor L,vesrion have not enough? Memory? Nandroid backup should take 2-3gb max as its only system, cache, boot and apps data (not whole data) + few small partition depends of phone

Sent using C6833 - AICP/GreatDevs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49