Help rooting My Galaxy S4 (Nooby)

cch98

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
I have tried a couple times now to root my Galaxy s4, but it has failed each time. I have tried using Odin and towelroot, but the both tell me that it failed in some way. I know very little about rooting, and exactly how it works, but I would like to figure out how to get it to work on my phone. Any help would be appreciated. I just tried using the Motochopper method and it seemed to work, my phone rebooted and superuser was installed, but when I opened up superuser, it said it needed an update, I hit install and it told me that there was an error installing.

My phone:
AT&T galaxy s4 sgh i337
I337UCUFNI1
Running Android 4.4.2

cch98

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
I just downloaded a root checker and it says that my phone has no root access, so I guess none of the methods I tried worked. Any suggestions?

Posted via the Android Central App

cch98

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
I have tried almost all of those methods.
When i tried using towelroot, I hit makeitrain and it told me "Phone isn't supported." I even tried changing that number by tapping the "welcome to towelroot" icon a few times, didn't work.
When I tried Motochopper, I followed the instructions, and my phone rebooted like it said it should, but then when I checked if my phone was rooted, it wasn't.
When I tried using ODIN, after loading a couple different files into the PDA(for multiple tests), the little window where it is supposed to say pass says failed.
I have NOT tried the CWM method, but when I read the article that you linked (thanks btw :)) it said to download the "CWM recovery" file from a website it linked, when I went down to my phone on the linked site (AT&T SHG-i337) it says to use the LOKI method, not ODIN. It then gave a link to a tutorial(by the same guy that made all of the tutorials you linked) but on the tutorial page, it says that that method does not work for my phone.

Could it just be something with my phone that wont let me root it, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for the help

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have tried almost all of those methods.
When i tried using towelroot, I hit makeitrain and it told me "Phone isn't supported." I even tried changing that number by tapping the "welcome to towelroot" icon a few times, didn't work.
When I tried Motochopper, I followed the instructions, and my phone rebooted like it said it should, but then when I checked if my phone was rooted, it wasn't.
When I tried using ODIN, after loading a couple different files into the PDA(for multiple tests), the little window where it is supposed to say pass says failed.
I have NOT tried the CWM method, but when I read the article that you linked (thanks btw :)) it said to download the "CWM recovery" file from a website it linked, when I went down to my phone on the linked site (AT&T SHG-i337) it says to use the LOKI method, not ODIN. It then gave a link to a tutorial(by the same guy that made all of the tutorials you linked) but on the tutorial page, it says that that method does not work for my phone.

Could it just be something with my phone that wont let me root it, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for the help
Sorry for the delay. The newer Samsungs have a security protocol called Knox. Your device may have the most updated version where there may not be a root method for it yet.

Sent from an AOSP M8

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Alright, thanks. Is there any way that I can see when I can root it? Is there like a knox version number or something?
The only thing to do is keep an eye on websites that instruct to root, like Xda.

Sent from an AOSP M8

cch98

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
This may not make much sense, but after reading quite a lot about rooting, i have seen people say they flashed an older android version and then they could root their phone. I still dont fully understand what all of this means, but could this work?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
This may not make much sense, but after reading quite a lot about rooting, i have seen people say they flashed an older android version and then they could root their phone. I still dont fully understand what all of this means, but could this work?

I think you can do that, but not before 4.3.

Sent from an AOSP M8

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site

What android version is you on?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy