Revert From Cyangogenmod back to Touchwiz, but S5 version

seb646

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
I was just wondering if it is possible to revert my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-M919) from Cyanogenmod 11 back to Samsung's touchwiz, but the Samsung Galaxy S5 version of touchwiz. Also, I knew the risks of rooting my phone for Cyanogenmod, but is there anyway to reverse that process and just run Touchwiz S5 version on my S4 as if it came that way with all of the warranty and such intact? Keeping/reinstalling the bloatware on my phone is fine, but not preferred.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1) There's no "revert". There's nothing to revert to. You replaced the stock ROM with Cyanogen, it's just not there any more. You can flash the stock ROM and have a stock S4. Boot into recovery (Volume Up/Home/Power at the same time. Look at the Knox line. If it's 0x0 you're fine, if it's 0x1, the warranty is already void, and there's nothing you can do to change it. It's like a fuse - if it blows you can't "unblow" it.)

2) If you want a different launcher - "the S5 TouchWiz" is just the launcher that comes with the S5 - find it (Galaxy Launcher, in the Play Store, might be it) and install it. Installing a launcher doesn't affect the warranty.