I've had these problems with my S4 since the day I got it. My diagnosis was that apps aren't able to write to internal storage. I thought at first that was Kitkat's problem with what I read floating around the interwebs, but then I found out that my phone was incapable of doing the most basic of things like saving pictures from Chrome or Facebook, or unable to to save Docs created using GOOGLE docs, or Instagram crashing every.darn.time. Or third party apps from play store completely unable to create their folders on internal (apps like Retrica for ex.) So they can't do a thing. I doubt all this is Kitkat's doing alone. (Or is it????)

I tried factory reset, nothing. I had someone flash stock rom, still nothing. (Actually I think they didn't do a thing, since some stuff that's supposed to be gone isn't).

So unless some lovely person can help this dummy with solving these problems, I thought why not just getting rid of Samsung's kitkat and getting cyanogenmod instead? Since touchwiz is crap anyways.

I have no idea how to do anything about that though, so still in dire need of help here. Before I throw the damn thing out the window.
    02-10-2015 11:35 AM
    I've had these problems with my S4 since the day I got it. My diagnosis was that apps aren't able to write to internal storage. I thought at first that was Kitkat's problem with what I read floating around the interwebs, but then I found out that my phone was incapable of doing the most basic of things like saving pictures from Chrome or Facebook, or unable to to save Docs created using GOOGLE docs, or Instagram crashing every.darn.time. Or third party apps from play store completely unable to create their folders on internal (apps like Retrica for ex.) So they can't do a thing. I doubt all this is Kitkat's doing alone. (Or is it????)

I tried factory reset, nothing. I had someone flash stock rom, still nothing. (Actually I think they didn't do a thing, since some stuff that's supposed to be gone isn't).

So unless some lovely person can help this dummy with solving these problems, I thought why not just getting rid of Samsung's kitkat and getting cyanogenmod instead? Since touchwiz is crap anyways.

I have no idea how to do anything about that though, so still in dire need of help here. Before I throw the damn thing out the window.
    Perform a factory reset. But this time, also format your SD card and start completely fresh. Let us know if that helps.
    02-10-2015 11:46 AM
    Still nothing.
    02-10-2015 12:11 PM
    [deleted]
    02-10-2015 07:39 PM
    Perform a factory reset. But this time, also format your SD card and start completely fresh. Let us know if that helps.
    Did the factory reset and didn't put the SD card in. Problems' still there so SD card isn't what's wrong. What else can I try??
    02-12-2015 12:44 PM
    Have you considered contacting Samsung or the retailer for a replacement? Also, where does installing Cyanogenmod come into this? I'm a little confused as to that part.
    02-12-2015 05:52 PM