Hi all!
    So I'm a little behind the times with my Verizon GS4, rooted, stock ROM and still on 4.3. (Froze SDM..I think, with Titanium Backup to block OTA's). I made the decision to stay with 4.3 when KitKat first starting coming out because of all the issues and have been pretty happy with the performance of my device, utilizing Greenify and other root dependent apps and not updating many apps unless I really think they need it. And when I do update an app I back it up with TB so I can revert back if there's trouble.
    But recently my device has been acting a little glitchy, random reboots, freezing up, and a few other little quirks. I've tried some of the traditional troubleshooting techniques with no improvement and now have a pretty good idea that the issues are coming from an app that just isn't quite compatible with 4,3, but the task of chasing down the culprit app seems a little daunting. So I'm considering updating to KitKat...maybe. From what I can see KitKat is now stable and I have gathered all the files and instructions to make the leap, but I'm just not sure if it's worth it or not. Hoping to get a little insight as to whether there's enough in the newer software to make it worthwhile. Also I just feel like I'm falling behind a little, device and software wise.
    Any input would be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance
    05-16-2015 05:14 PM
    Welcome to the forums. Once you update, you may not be able to reroot. You should be able to flash the stock ROM with Odin. I would recommend checking out some YouTube videos for steps (some devices need extra files, typically Verizon).

From an AOSP M8
    Android Central Ambassador Team Leader
    05-16-2015 08:37 PM
    Thanks for the reply, and yes, I actually found a youtube video that details upgrading to a rooted and de-oxed version using safestrap. It references an XDA post that has pretty clear instructions. But I still don't know if I want to go through the whole deal or not. I've had positive results when piddling around with things and negative ones as well. I've learned to look before I leap.
    Now I did find an app that I recently updated that may be at least part of the problem. It's "Gravity App" and since I reverted back to a previous version I haven't had any issues, but that was just last night so I guess time will tell. I was actually hoping to hear from someone who recently upgraded from 4.3 to KitKat and how things went.
    I'll just be patient and wait I guess.

Thanks again
    05-17-2015 05:02 PM