Choosing between the s4 zoom and lumia 1020

reelon

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so here my situation. I am really starting to get interested in photography. Currently I have a Note 3 and would like to get a secondary phone with a better camera. The two that I'm Thinking are the s4 zoom or the lumia 1020. Which has the better overall camera. I've already had Windows Phones before and really what I am looking for is a better camera and not apps (like games and such). So what would you recommend?

Posted via Android Central App

xumit

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
If you are thinking to do photography seriously, go for a dslr. If not imo, clsest woul be S4 Zoom.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

reelon

May 24, 2011
Visit site
A dslr would be nice, but I really just want to keep my photography to cameras on cellphones. The zoom right know is free with a 2 year contract, while the 1020 is 49.99 for a refurbished.

reelon

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I have the zoom because of thr feel of the lens makes it more fun than the lumia.

Are there any options to setup the adjustments (like speed shutter, iso, etc.) like on the lumia or are you pretty much stuck with the special I e that they give you? Does it produce raw images or just jpeg? I guess it's a difference between zooming optically or digitally like on the lumia.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I'd go with the 1020 since it takes great pics and feels like a normal smartphone when holding and in pocket. The zoom feels kind of awkward and the 1020 has better specs and battery life.

Sent from my G2 running SOKP

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci