GPS loosing signal

sparkync

May 19, 2020
Visit site
I have a Galaxy 4 and have had it quiet a while obviously and have used GPS multitudes of times. I'm a business man and rely on it quiet a bit. In the last few months especially I will get google and say my address I want to navigate to, and the voice will say " sure..."
The map will come up, but no more voice. I will have to keep moving the map to find out where I'm suppose to go. Sometimes is will say " gps signal lost". I have a old "Tom Tom" gps, and I have tried it also on the same jobs, and it too says "gps" lost. Is there something wrong with the satelites? Am I the only one having this issue? I have read some "fixes" that say take the phone apart and put "tin foil" in the antenna space. If that was the case, why does my Tom Tom also loose signal unless it too is messed up inside. It is quiet a few years old. Do I just need to update to a newer phone? It is pretty flustrating to get out in the middle of nowhere and not have the voice telling me where to go. Especially if I'm on a time schedule. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Hi. Sorry you are having problems. Personally, I wouldn't be taking your phone apart. You may break it totally and the parts are small and delicate. Also not sure putting tin foil inside your phone would I need help, please either. If the satellites are not working tin foil will not make them reappear.

A newer phone may well have better antennae than an old phone. Certainly that happens with cellular signals on some phones and networks. But I am not sure that would help you.

I will see if any other member can help you further. But I really don't want you to open your phone when you don't know what you are doing. Take care.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
If you're in the mountains of NC, I've had it happen there too, just because of the valleys. You would benefit from upgrading your phone from an S4 to anything decent made in the last 2 years.
Good luck

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm