release date?

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
That was excellent. I really liked the way it looked. I want the aluminum one. Too bad the real one is not coming out for at least 6 months.

The rep mightyfacundo talked to said Feb. If they follow the time frame between S2 and S3 then S4 should be out in march

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

canesfan44

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I hope so, but I have a feeling the release day will get pushed back a little. I am due for an upgrade and I'm not sure if I want to wait it out until March, possibly later. I will be giving up my unlimited data, but I rarely use more than 3 gigs in a month, so the new plans save me around $40 a month. I also hope they make it a little smaller than the gs3, around 4.3". Hopefully I can stay patient enough to wait for this, but with the Note 2 and Droid DNA coming out very soon, it's going to be tough to wait it out, especially knowing that I'm spending that extra $40 a month on my current plan. If the rumored specs are true, like the 13 megapixel camera and 3gigs RAM (I've also read that it will only have 2 gigs of RAM. Who knows?), I'd definitely be willing to wait, but there's no way for me to know what the real specs are until Samsung releases them.

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm sticking with my thunderbolt for a while. I'm eligible for an upgrade, but my bolt is running great and I've got a trip to Vegas planned, so would rather not be buying a phone now, otherwise I'd probably go buy the S3

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
If you are constantly waiting for the next big thing, you'll always be waiting because as soon as something new comes out, bigger and better is just around the corner

MANdroidd

Banned
Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Well its only been about 6 months since the S3 was released so I'd say same time next year?Not quite sure about that Samsung rep you talked too....

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Looks like finally there is a date on the release of SGS - 4 The First Batch of Galaxy S IV Rumors Are Here - GSM Nation Blog - I was hoping it comes out in march but may doesn't sound that bad. Now I can't decide if I should stick with Nexus 4 or wait for this beast :confused:

I'm holding out hope for a March release which would be in line with the 9 month gap between the release of the S2 and S3. If it's in May, I'm just not sure I can wait that long. :eek:

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

BEARD GANG

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm holding out hope for a March release which would be in line with the 9 month gap between the release of the S2 and S3. If it's in May, I'm just not sure I can wait that long. :eek:

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Yea same... May is too long

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I will pick up the S4 when it comes out. I want the S3 now but I don't need the phone. My RAZR MAXX is fine, just got the itch to try something different but not in a rush. I like the Note2 but it's a bit too big for me. I thought I would like it but after looking at it and playing with it, it wasn't for me.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Phone Arena seems to think that an April 2013 release is likely. If so, that means a June 2013 release for the US.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
If they announce the S4 @ MWC and then it launches in April (rumor I read today) I just don't see the US carriers jumping on it before summer since the GS3 didn't launch until July on Verizon. This time around though my lines are coming up and I may switch carriers after the GN2 crap Verizon pulled this weekend. Not happy.

Eaglemaniac

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
The only reason I believe an April launch is possible is because there is some profit in spacing out the release of Note III and the GS4. In some places last year, the GS3 and the Note 2 were announced less than 3 months apart. Not good marketing.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Phone Arena seems to think that an April 2013 release is likely. If so, that means a June 2013 release for the US.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

Also depends on what carrier you are on. The gs3 was announced in may and I got mine on sprint in June.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude