A concept I saw

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Looks more like a note to me. I understand it being a concept but I can't imagine Samsung using this as the S4 when the note they already have looks very similar.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Punkxasxfuk

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
So fake. No way they would release or allow to be released a photo such as this just mere weeks after the launch of the GS3. They need to recoup contractual, intellectual and R&D costs first. Till that is done a GS4 is nothing more then a rumor with no credibility. They would never want people to hold out for the 4 if they just release the 3. UNLESS of course you are a moron intern for Apple's R&D and leave the prototype at the bar. Then we can start talking new models.

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Not enough bezel on the edges of the screen. I know they can get them pretty close, but that looks like there isn't enough on the edges to support a screen that size.

Note2 or Note10, that is the question

LeBeatnik

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
looks fake to me look at the bad photoshop of the middle finger and screen area!!!!
This is enough to give it away also with the other posts i think this is already decided not a concept Also IMO although IDK but i would think all they would have are schematic like diagrams or at mo0st a graphic representation as IMO its still too soon to be making prototypes. And if they are making prototypes they will only be doing it to decide the size and form factor I doubt sensor/logo and camera positions would be assumed already also the bottom of the phone has no hard buttons (that's fine) but it also has no area for menu touch keys. Making me think this is a phablet design and probably a Photoshopped note.

Zero Hunter

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Another concept I saw. This one is pretty neat
Samsung-Galaxy-4-Concept-Phone.jpeg
From here

Also for the ones who don't understand, concept and rumor means 2 different things. Concept ideas are just ideas designers (or anyone) came up with but are not actually true. These concept ideas, can become rumors after someone misunderstands the meaning of what they saw and decided to spread the word that what they saw is real. :p So in short, yes, concepts are fake until it goes into production.

masterpfa

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I like the idea of edge to edge designed phone.
I think come early 2013 the rumour mills will be up to full speed with some tasty speculations along with some far fetched.But the few concept designs above are just Gorgeous!

V1NY

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Let's be honest, no one will have a real idea until a few weeks before the announcement at the earliest. I mean, some people are saying it's going to be running with a 2 ghz Exynos 5 processor, some people are saying it will be underclocked to 1.7ghz to increase the battery life. No one really knows IMO.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
These concepts looks good and all but why so thin? Why not make it slightly thicker but improved battery life. I'd trade thiness for battery life. Look at the RAZR and RAZR MAXX, not a big difference in size but difference in battery life.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
With the thickness isuue, you also take into account the cases and other accessories for the phone.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III Handheld Device

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I would take better battery life but imagine how much bulk is added by an OB Defender case. My GS3 has one and it pushes the limit.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I would take better battery life but imagine how much bulk is added by an OB Defender case. My GS3 has one and it pushes the limit.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

Funny you mention that because when I had iPhones the OB Defender series for those was even more bulky than the design for the S3.
I like the second concept a lot!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I guess that as long as the thickness doesn't exceed that of the i3Gs, and then that would be great. Hopefully, that would be the upper limit.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III Handheld Device