S3 or wait for S4?

charkzilla20

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I need a new phone! I have been drooling over the S3 for a while, but then I saw some rumors of the S4 coming sometime between March-June 2013. It looks like the S4 could finally be the phone to blow the IPhone 5 out of the water :) (even though I think the s3 beats the iphone5 already!). I have no problem waiting, but is it worth the wait? What do y'all suggest?

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I say get the S3. Chances are the 4 wont be out until mid 2013 which is still a long ways off. The S3 is SWEET and with tech there will always be a reason to wait 8 months for whatever is next.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

charkzilla20

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I say get the S3. Chances are the 4 wont be out until mid 2013 which is still a long ways off. The S3 is SWEET and with tech there will always be a reason to wait 8 months for whatever is next.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

How would you describe you use your s3? Are you a texter, or video watcher, or web browser? I will use my next phone for everything, and if I choose the s3, i'd want it to be able to do everything smoothly and flawlessly. What's your experience from your use? Any complaints?
Thanks,
-Charlie :)

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I need a new phone! I have been drooling over the S3 for a while, but then I saw some rumors of the S4 coming sometime between March-June 2013. It looks like the S4 could finally be the phone to blow the IPhone 5 out of the water :) (even though I think the s3 beats the iphone5 already!). I have no problem waiting, but is it worth the wait? What do y'all suggest?

Just buy the Nexus 4. Cheap and as good or better specs as the sgs3 but without the bloatware and well its a nexus for half the price.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

Get the S3. I'm a texter and browser but I do everything on it. It's an awesome phone. If ur with us cellular, u get early upgrades on the belief plan. First upgrade is in 10 months. If ur not with them, maybe switch and u can upgrade when the new one comes out...just a suggestion.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

charkzilla20

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Get the S3. I'm a texter and browser but I do everything on it. It's an awesome phone. If ur with us cellular, u get early upgrades on the belief plan. First upgrade is in 10 months. If ur not with them, maybe switch and u can upgrade when the new one comes out...just a suggestion.

I'm in the US, and I'll be using Verizon.

rajeev_k

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
S4 is just an speculation therefore it will be smart decision to go for S3 or Galaxy note 2. Both devices are ultimate and coming with 2 GB RAM with latest android version 4.1 .
I suggest to go for galaxy note 2 .

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Everyone always wants to wait for the next thing... If you do that, all you'll be doing is waiting... As soon as the next phone comes out another will be rumored. My opinion is get a phone that's out now or wait for one that's coming out in a month or less... After you pick one, STOP LOOKING AT THE REST... Once you've picked one the worst thing you can do is look at something else. They want you to buy now AND later. You gotta pick one, and when you've gotten tired of it, THEN go looking for other stuff. Then pick one, and stop looking again. Other wise, you just go crazy as heck.

lbkiml

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I guess it's the 13mp camera that's catching my eye...
What about the 13mp... it doesn't mean it takes any better pictures.
Pretty sure my 11 year old 4.1mp Canon 1D can take better pictures, probably wont be able to print larger than 8x10 though.
Everyone always wants to wait for the next thing... If you do that, all you'll be doing is waiting... As soon as the next phone comes out another will be rumored. My opinion is get a phone that's out now or wait for one that's coming out in a month or less... After you pick one, STOP LOOKING AT THE REST... Once you've picked one the worst thing you can do is look at something else. They want you to buy now AND later. You gotta pick one, and when you've gotten tired of it, THEN go looking for other stuff. Then pick one, and stop looking again. Other wise, you just go crazy as heck.

This is the same thing with the new updates. There's already something coming out after JB, so there's no point in complaining and wanting it faster since its not going to be anything new when we get it.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
How would you describe you use your s3? Are you a texter, or video watcher, or web browser? I will use my next phone for everything, and if I choose the s3, i'd want it to be able to do everything smoothly and flawlessly. What's your experience from your use? Any complaints?
Thanks,
-Charlie :)

I use it for texting, some web browsing, and a lot for Twitter and this forum. It's by far the best phone I've ever used and my previous device was the Razr Maxx.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

The SuperUser

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Look, I'll tell you this the best I can, there will always be rumors in this world. That's all they are, rumors, until they have a backbone to them. Go ahead and buy the S3. Yes, it has problems, no phone you buy will be perfect, hardly anything in this world is perfect. (Besides myself of course *chuckles*)
But on a serious note, get the S3 and enjoy it for a a year or 2 then look for the latest and greatest at that time...the software and the capabilities of this phone are ridiculous!! Hell, I've had it for. 2 months and am still amazed.
Just my 2?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Always something new around the bend....get the S3,its awesome or if you are a fan of larger screens preorder the Note 2....I did!!! Enjoy the phone you've got WHILE you wait for the next great thing!!!! or you can keep waiting for the next rumor and the next great phone that never comes.............

charkzilla20

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Alrighty, thanks guys! I think I'm going to go with the s3! My current contract (with a crappy at&t flip phone) ends in November! :)
Well, I haven't had much time looking at the note 2... I do have pretty big hands...
Any advantages to the note2 over the s3 besides larger dimensional screen?

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Alrighty, thanks guys! I think I'm going to go with the s3! My current contract (with a crappy at&t flip phone) ends in November! :)
Well, I haven't had much time looking at the note 2... I do have pretty big hands...
Any advantages to the note2 over the s3 besides larger dimensional screen?

Not really. The s pen I guess but really how often will u use that?? Maybe a lot the first month, honestly do u do a lot of drawing on ur phone, and Who wants to type with it? it would take forever. I think the note is ridiculously big. Cartoonish almost. And won't fit n most pockets. Go with the S3. It's small enough for pockets yet big enough to amaze!

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
You do realize when you buy the S4 the iPhone 6 will be coming out. So you might as well wait for the S5 the following year to be one step ahead of the iPhone 6.

Seriously, why would anyone be waiting for the the S4 at this point. I can see if we were maybe in May of next year or something but the S3 is only a few months old still. Sometimes if you live life waiting you really never get to enjoy the now....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae