"The Dream Machine" Published Rumor of Galaxy S4 Specs

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I am torn right now myself. I love the s3 and am changing carriers. I can get a new s3 or n2.

First World problems right?

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Totally and I'm in the same position about carriers I'm currently with sprint and not happy at all and while I wanted a nexus I feel like the note 2 works better for me

Sent from my PC36100

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Totally and I'm in the same position about carriers I'm currently with sprint and not happy at all and while I wanted a nexus I feel like the note 2 works better for me

Sent from my PC36100

I am heading to sprint. Vzw is too expensive and I am one of the lucky ones that has decent lte coverage around me with Sprint.

I think I might go n2 just because everyone in the house is going, sgs3.

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I actually like sprint but the data speeds are just painful in my area but if yours has LTE go for it and the customer service is great as far the note 2 goes imo that phone is beast and that's not even including the spen features how many updates do you think it will receive

Sent from my PC36100

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I actually like sprint but the data speeds are just painful in my area but if yours has LTE go for it and the customer service is great as far the note 2 goes imo that phone is beast and that's not even including the spen features how many updates do you think it will receive

Sent from my PC36100

I love the GN2 but I don't like that the Exynos chip doesn't offer SVDO 3g. I have pretty good LTE coverage in my area but it does occassionally slip to 3g in buildings or certain locations.
I don't want to go backwards because even my current Thunberbolt offers SVDO.
I'm curious if all the next generation of processors will lose the ability to do Simultaneous Voice and Data over cdma since Big Red is close to completing it's nationwide LTE network.
That takes more battery power so it appears as if only Qualcomm through it's Snapdragon processors is keeping that ability. Probably because cdma was a Qualcomm staple and they may own the patent (just guessing).
I would prefer to stay with vzw and a smartphone that offers SVDO for the next year or two.
By 2015 all of the carriers should have nationwide LTE and then it will be interesting to see what Big Red can do to keep it's price premium.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
While I doubt the specs are real, I remember rumors last year of the original launch date of the SIII being around MWC. Maybe they're back to that time frame with the S4.

BEARD GANG

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Is it safe to assume that s4 myt come out earlier than normal.. Because the iphone reports are saying they myt move it to the summer

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

bgl321

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm as gulity as the next guy of always wanting the next best thing but it will never stop. I make myself sick sometimes trying to figure out how I'm going to get this device or that device or if I should. I'm upgrading next month to the Maxx HD and I am hopeful that I will just be happy with what I have... doubt it but I'm trying to be hopefully :)

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Until the CES occurs, the following rumored specs are fairly reasonable. 5 inch Super Amoled HD display with 2 GB RAM, quadcore processor compatible with LTE (hopefully, at least, 2GHz).

I suspect that Sammy will try to maintain the thinness of the GS3 so a 12 or 13 MP camera is a bit out there as the thickness would have to increase. The OS will depend upon the timing of the release but JB makes the most sense. I hope that Sammy continues with GG2 and at least a 3 MP FFC as well as all the current JB bells and whistles.If a 12 MP camera is included, then a 4000mAh battery would not be a bad thing.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Until the CES occurs, the following rumored specs are fairly reasonable. 5 inch Super Amoled HD display with 2 GB RAM, quadcore processor compatible with LTE (hopefully, at least, 2GHz).

I suspect that Sammy will try to maintain the thinness of the GS3 so a 12 or 13 MP camera is a bit out there as the thickness would have to increase. The OS will depend upon the timing of the release but JB makes the most sense. I hope that Sammy continues with GG2 and at least a 3 MP FFC as well as all the current JB bells and whistles.If a 12 MP camera is included, then a 4000mAh battery would not be a bad thing.

The j butterfly isn't much thicker and is sporting a 13mp camera I believe.

You are right though. Those are going to be ballpark specs for all the high end phones in early 2013.

I want the camera to go up a notch and the storage space to go up to 32gb min. That is all I want out of 2013. I guess I should say the batteries to go up as well, but if not, I am ok with it. Then again I am easy to please on that one.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
No reason to think it will be anything other than plastic. They have sold 100 million plastic ones, I do not see them changing that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays