"The Dream Machine" Published Rumor of Galaxy S4 Specs

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I had my mind made up.
When Big Red released the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 I was going to retire my trusty HTC Thunderbolt.
The GN2 is the most advanced, powerful, feature rich smartphone on the market today.

Then I read this report from Pc-Tablet.com
Samsung Galaxy S4 Release Date will feature 13 MP camera, OLED display and Android 4.2 Key Lime Pie

The Galaxy S4 will be introduced at the Mobile World Congress in February or early in the 2nd quarter according to this report.
The eye popping specs: :p
4.8-inch OLED display with screen resolution of 1366-by-768 pixels
Android 4.2 Key Lime Pie
13 Megapixel primary camera and claims it is going to be the best camera ever fitted in a smartphone and 1.9 megapixel of Skype certified HD front-facing camera
2.0 GHz quad-core processor
3GB of RAM
32GB, 64GB and 128 GB memory variants
3200 mAh massive battery

If true is this worth waiting 6 more months?

jacksonista

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
My contract is up in November 2013. I have an SIII that I love, I'll wait. The 2 year wait is great because by the time your contract is up, the improvements are phenomenal and a real treat when you get a new phone.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I like to dream as much as the next guy, but that is all this is, a dream.

It reminds me of all those concept photos rolling around.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I had my mind made up.
When Big Red released the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 I was going to retire my trusty HTC Thunderbolt.
The GN2 is the most advanced, powerful, feature rich smartphone on the market today.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Release Date will feature 13 MP camera, OLED display and Android 4.2 Key Lime Pie

The Galaxy S4 will be introduced at the Mobile World Congress in February or early in the 2nd quarter according to this report.
Android 4.2 Key Lime Pie
13 Megapixel primary camera and claims it is going to be the best camera ever fitted in a smartphone and 1.9 megapixel of Skype certified HD front-facing camera
3GB of RAM
3200 mAh massive battery

LOL

You can tell those specs are made-up by somebody who doesn't know what they're talking about. Just to go down the list:

-Will OLED displays even be ready by then (high enough yields)? What res? What size? And why OLED? Logically, I can see a 5" device with 1080p SAMOLED+ (don't keep up with OLEDs to know much about their development). To keep things down to Earth, the next screen might not even be a "+". There's a 1080p SAMOLED in development, but it's not clear whether it'll be pentile or not.
-4.2 isn't Key Lime, but it will launch with the latest version available at the time
-Samsung just a couple months ago listed a new beastly 13mp sensor as "under development", with no foreseeable release date. Since the sensor itself is still in development, I wouldn't expect it to end up in next year's S4. They do, however, have a new 12mp sensor that should be ready in time (and looks to be beastly).
-Although the beastly Exynos 5450 is my bet at what's running the GSIV, I would bet that it'd be downclocked from its advertised 2.0ghz clock speed.
-3GB of RAM? LMAO. Why? Completely pointless. 2GB is way more than enough for the foreseeable future.
-128gb seems extremely unlikely.
-Again, that's huge. It'd have to be a pretty big device to fit that in there without sacrificing form factor. I have a feeling form is gonna be very important to them this next go around. We're gonna see a new Samsung come CES in the next couple of months. They're focused on relaunching their public image. They're taking their commercial success and running with it, truly trying to get to the next-level as a company and stick it to Apple in the mobile space.

You can usually use the thing between your ears to reason through leaks like these. Even without the technical knowledge, all it takes is a bit of Googling :)

Vladabeast

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
there have already been multiple prototypes of phones with 3gb of ram. android 4.2 is still jelly bean. and in recent knew Samsung just announced their 10NM flash storage chips with 64gb of memory that is about 10x faster than a Class 10 SD card. screen is debatable but i think the screen is the perfect size for any phone its big but not to big and its not tiny either and i for one love the SAMOLED HD, i hope they keep the screen but Non-pentile and use more of a traditional pixel matrix.and we finally need a camera that's over 8mp and that's actually good. The Exynos 5 SoC is a monster of a chip even as a dual core so i can only imagine what Quad with 3gb or ram is gonna be. paired with the Mali-T658 its going to be beast

SebasCvdB

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I had my mind made up.

Android 4.2 Key Lime Pie
3GB of RAM
3200 mAh massive battery

As long as they keep the MicroSD card slot in their too I am sold.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
en if the release date is 2013 Q2, US carriers probably won't release until early to mid Q3. Hopefully, we will see $199, for the two years.

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I keep hearing rumors and while I'm tempted to wait something tells me to go with the note 2 now lol and then figure it out next year lol

Sent from my PC36100

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
If you wait for the next big thing, you will keep waiting.

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

I agree ill just buy the note 2 and if next years nexus doesn't impress me ill get the note 3 or s4 lol I could always sell the note 2 and just pay the difference for any other phone I might want

Sent from my PC36100

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I agree ill just buy the note 2 and if next years nexus doesn't impress me ill get the note 3 or s4 lol I could always sell the note 2 and just pay the difference for any other phone I might want

Sent from my PC36100

I am torn right now myself. I love the s3 and am changing carriers. I can get a new s3 or n2.

First World problems right?

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis