Worth waiting for?

KSChris

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Got an upgrade next week.

As it stands, I'm going to wait an additional week and get the Galaxy Note 2. But do you guys think it's worth waiting for this? Possibly until summertime or whenever the release is?

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
It all depends if you really need a new phone right now. It's going to be a long while. If you can't wait then I suggest you get the Note 2. I have the Galaxy Nexus and I'm waiting for the GS4. Hopefully it will live up to the hype.

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
If you keep waiting for the next best thing, you'll never buy a new phone. I would say, get the note 2 now. When the GS4 hits, if you;ve kept your Note 2 in goood shape, it'll be an easy sel to pay for a good chunk of the GS4 off contract.

crl95

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I have the same question but I would be buying the galaxy s3. Right now I have an iphone 4 and it sucks and I just want to get started with android but I dont know if I should wait for the s4 or get an s3 today. I have an upgrade right now. What do you guys think?

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
If you keep waiting for the next best thing, you'll never buy a new phone. I would say, get the note 2 now. When the GS4 hits, if you;ve kept your Note 2 in goood shape, it'll be an easy sel to pay for a good chunk of the GS4 off contract.

You are right! You make a good point!

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

As it stands, I'm going to wait an additional week and get the Galaxy Note 2. But do you guys think it's worth waiting for this? Possibly until summertime or whenever the release is?
I am in the same boat as you!! I am trying to decide between the Note 2 and the DNA, but both of them are not the perfect phone for me. What I really want is the rumored GS4, but my old Evo 4G is on its way out.

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site

I think it is worth the wait :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
My bet is for an August or September 2013 US release since the summer release will probably be in Europe.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
If it does release in the spring, it will be in Europe first making AT&T release in May or June 2013.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I've only had the S3 for about a month and LOVE it but then my attention got taken by the Note 2...but I'm waiting. By the time the S4 comes out in the spring I'll be eligible for an upgrade again.

It'll be interesting to see the new 5" screen Samsung will be debuting at CES which is surely the new screen for the S4.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
No matter what phone comes out, I'll have to pay full price. I want to keep my unlimited data and keep my plan cheaper. I analyze my data usage and everyone else on my bill and it works out that I need to go for the 16GB plan and after a 20 month contract with the phone, it ends up being like $540 more plus $300 for the phone and I lose unlimited data. I use WiFi when I can but with traveling, wifi isn't an option most of the time.

nitestorm

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't wait no more. I end up getting the HTC DNA. I didn't want the GNote2's big size. If the Gs4's display matches the Dna's along with microsd and bigger battery, then I can always sell the Dna.