Galaxy S4 Running Tizen OS Instead of Android?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Will you buy the X-Phone with Key Lime Pie or the Galaxy S4 with 1 year-old Jelly Bean?

Release os means nothing to me I'm not a noob I can compile for myself so its based on what I feel is the better phone you're running on pure speculation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

zippero

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
The X-Phone is not "pure speculation." Motorola's boss confirmed it in the WSJ article. Larry Page confirmed it, too. I know you're asking yourself right now if you should choose your mom or your dad to live with. Go with the X-Phone, as that really is the future of Android.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
You've never heard of the X-Phone? You're not a noob?

Hearing things is one thing having hard printed facts is another son you guys put these flagships on a pedestal every year and every year you all mess it up. Prove to the thread 100% that you are correct right now I dare you.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
The X-Phone is not "pure speculation." Motorola's boss confirmed it in the WSJ article. Larry Page confirmed it, too. I know you're asking yourself right now if you should choose your mom or your dad to live with. Go with the X-Phone, as that really is the future of Android.

You have no idea what the features of that phone will be. Neither do I or chances are anyone that will ever see this thread.

No one knows what version of android it will have or if Google is really even involved with it. Reports have said that it will not be running stock Android which more or less throws your argument out the Window as far as updates go. Plus there are carriers and other factors to consider.

Google is not in any way like apple in terms of hardware. Apple has to sell hardware or they go out of business. Google has yet to sell any hardware and basically owns the Internet. Android only exists so they can track ad data on us. No other reason. Google could care less who makes and sells android devices as long as someone does and ppl use them. Google is in no way a threat to Samsung in this market and they would be stupid to become one.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

zippero

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
You're confusing Samsung and Motorola. It's Samsung that has problems getting Android updates, not Google. Google's own devices always get the latest Android update by definition.

You're having a hard time with the divorce, I see. You're in total denial and looking at mommy and daddy and saying, "No!"

Both Google and Samsung need to move into hardware and software, respectively, for their next stage of growth to please shareholders. Wearable computers, like Google Glass, are hardware that Google already plans to sell itself. There's Nexus 7 and Chromebook, too. Google sees a hardware + software future. Why not? Apple got the biggest market cap from that formula.

For Samsung's part, Samsung is currently building a 400,000 square foot megaplex just a few minutes' walk from Google headquarters in Mountain View. What's the purpose of this megastructure? It's not hardware but software! Samsung's poaching workers from Google for Tizen.

Last edited:

deesugar

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I understand your discomfort in having your world come crashing down. Here's the WSJ article with extensive quotes from Dennis Woodside (Motorola's president) and Larry Page on the X-Phone: Google Designing 'X Phone' to Rival Apple, Samsung - WSJ.com

The headline to that article was more hyperbolic then the actual story which is full of quotes like:

"Motorola, which accounted for less than 3% of Android phone shipments in the third quarter"

"Motorola has "fallen under hard times," it "now has the support of a shareholder in Google that has resources to do big things.""

"Google's purchase of Motorola was a controversial move, partly aimed at acquiring patents to use against rivals that might sue the Internet company."

"Mr. Page so far hasn't pushed Google's Android unit to aid Motorola by giving it early access to the most updated versions of Android software, as it has with Samsung, in order to avoid the appearance that Motorola is receiving preferential treatment, these people said."

The X-phone will be interesting and have some interesting features like durability and long battery life but I think Motorola will make sure it doesn't take away the fire from the Galaxy phones.

Last edited:

zippero

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Well, the X-Phone will come with Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie pre-installed, while the Galaxy S4's March 15 release date means it'll be stuck with Jelly Bean. As for updates, you know how that goes.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Samsung doesn't have trouble getting updates they have trouble raping the aosp source. They have access as soon as it drops just like everyone else its the modifying and testing that causes their issues.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Well, the X-Phone will come with Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie pre-installed, while the Galaxy S4's March 15 release date means it'll be stuck with Jelly Bean. As for updates, you know how that goes.

Samsung's international phones update fairly timely.

Its US carriers that cause delays in those updates

zippero

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
You're still in denial. The Samsung-Google marriage is over. Let them each go their own way and let the market decide. It's a reasonable guess that Google is more loyal to Android than Samsung. If you love Android, don't buy a Galaxy S4 but wait a few months for the X-Phone to come out with Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie. Both phones will have the same specs except that the X-Phone will have Android 5.0 while the Galaxy S4 won't. Also, the X-Phone will be made from Kevlar so it won't crack when you drop it like a Galaxy S3. X-Phone, Nexus 7, Chromebook, Google Glass, Google Car -- all excellent Google hardware!

Last edited:

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
You're still in denial. The Samsung-Google marriage is over. Let them each go their own way and let the market decide. It's a reasonable guess that Google is more loyal to Android than Samsung. If you love Android, don't buy a Galaxy S4 but wait a few months for the X-Phone to come out with Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie. Both phones will have the same specs except that the X-Phone will have Android 5.0 while the Galaxy S4 won't.

Again your putting all of your eggs in a single basket and really only have speculation to back it up. I'm not in denial, I just know that Samsung's not ready for tizen to take over 100% yet. you know its open source right?do some digging guy your time tables are way off tizen has a while to go my guess about 6 months to a year before we see them really gear it even then it will be test bed phones to see about interest. The x phone has no confirmed specs only wild rumors and almost no specifics and what specifics are mentioned are conflicting so again give me something concrete.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
samsung has been having the latest versions of android on there stuff before moto for probably a year now. ive seen nothing from anywhere that makes me think this will change . and for the life of me i cant believe there are still people outhere that actually think MOTO will ever release a true game changing device . i was a huge fan of moto for years and finally got tired of defending them . I bet 100.00 dollars to anybody that whenever the X phone gets here it wont beat the S4 in anything but battery life . and it will for sure have some buggy ass software from MOTO cause we all know how bad they suck at software . and who cares if the s4 never gets KLP chances are the s4 with jelly bean and a new version of TW will probably have better fuctionality than stock KLP .

zippero

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Samsung already confirmed several months ago it's coming out with a whole line-up of Tizen phones this year. Don't you read the news? The X-Phone has already been confirmed by Motorola's own president in the WSJ article. Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie, Kevlar case, and best battery life will be among its key selling points. You're still in denial. Big companies join and separate all the time. Why are you stuck on the Samsung-Google marriage lasting forever? Did yours?

Last edited:

zippero

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Samsung has mastered hardware, now it wants to master software and put its own software/services on its phones. This requires separating from Android and Google apps. Samsung's developing everything from its own cloud services to its own music service to its own email and messaging services and everything else you can think of. There's just no room on the homescreen to offer both Google's apps and its own side-by-side. Samsung will naturally cut its tether to Google to offer its own ecosystem. Bye-bye, Android~~~

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Samsung already confirmed several months ago it's coming out with a whole line-up of Tizen phones this year. Don't you read the news? The X-Phone has already been confirmed by Motorola's own president in the WSJ article. Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie, Kevlar case, and best battery life will be among its key selling points. You're still in denial. Big companies join and separate all the time. Why are you stuck on the Samsung-Google marriage lasting forever? Did yours?

It has so far . I take it yours didnt . you missing your kids ? hating the alimony ?? please let us know we wont to help you move on with your life .
and who said samsung and google was married its more like friends with benefits .and it doesnt look to be changing anytime soon .

Status
Not open for further replies.