Galaxy S4 Running Tizen OS Instead of Android?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Samsung is about to flood the market with 10-20 Tizen smartphones this year and more next year that all run all Android apps with its ACL plus offer very cool HTML5 apps that will blow your mind away. Samsung doesn't go halfway, it flooded the market with feature phones to kill Nokia and then Android phones to kill the iPhone and now Tizen phones to co-opt and replace Google's ecosystem in favor of its own. It's got massive chip, memory, and display capabilities that allow it to do human wave attacks and crush anybody. You will buy a Tizen phone over an Android phone as your next phone even if you don't want to because it'll be the next iteration of Samsung's world-famous Galaxy line whose marketing campaign will bombard you day and night.

Take a nap bro lol

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

PhyscoAssassinX

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
If you want to run Android apps, why would you use a non-Android phone running some compatibility software on top of it?

didnt a little company try that already with some tablet... now what was it.................

oh yea,

rim, playbook anyone

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I doubt we will see Tizen on the S4. What I think is far, far more likely is an S4 clone/variant running Tizen (ala GS3 and Ativ S). Samsung can't quit Android cold turkey like that, Android is too popular. Now, Samsung does have a good name, particularly with the non-techy crowd, and they are more likely to buy a non-Android Samsung than hard core techies. I could see Samsung replacing Android with Tizen on its mid to low end phones this year, and I think we have about a 50-50 shot at Samsung's 2014 line being predominately Tizen with Android as back up.

zippero

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Without Samsung's manufacturing and marketing capabilities, Android would have died long ago. Without Samsung, every other Android OEM manufacturer is a profitless midget, to put it mildly, including Google's own Motorola. In other words, Samsung controls the market with its monopoly manufacturing and marketing capabilities, and whichever way Samsung goes is the way the market will also go. Samsung's manufacturing and marketing capabilties simply overpower those of any competitor. As Tim Cook said in his NBC interview with Brian Williams, the actual knowledge and expertise to produce consumer electronics on a large-scale has simply left America's shores forever and is concentrated in Asia, which today largely means Samsung (but the Chinese are catching up and are just a few years behind, as Samsung itself recently warned). Apple is trying to separate from Samsung but finding it extremely difficult. Google has helped sow the seeds of its own destruction in creating this creature called Samsung who, for its own business reasons now, has to steal and co-opt via Tizen the entire Android app ecosystem from Google in order to drive its own move into software and services on its path to becoming a half-trillion dollar company. Android developers will just offer their apps without any modifications on the Samsung Play Store. Samsung's Android hardware is getting squeezed from below by Huawei and ZTE and at the top from the iPhone and X-Phone who all foster and enjoy their own ecosystems. Having one's own ecosystem guarantees one's long-term viability much better than selling commodity Android hardware alone. So both Samsung and Google want to "go Apple" and have their own complete ecosystems with hardware + software + services, which is actually just the IBM model of Palmisano over the past decade that even convinced Warren Buffett to invest over $10 billion in IBM.

Samsung has already tested and/or demonstrated Tizen on the Galaxy S3 and S2, so putting it on the Galaxy S4 is merely the next step. They'll actually flood the market with Tizen phones from the high-end to the low-end at every price point, which has been Samsung's "human wave" strategy before on both feature phones and Android phones. It won't be a half-hearted attempt focused on just low-to-mid-level phones, which is naive and wishful thinking. The first Tizen phone will be a high-end, not low-end, phone announced at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona next week. Piggybacking on the already-successful Galaxy line will be the quickest, most effective way to introduce Tizen to the masses on a mass scale, which is Samsung's objective. Samsung will promote Tizen on the Galaxy S4 as "Android Plus" because it'll run all Android apps flawlessly and offer widgets just as the S3 does plus offer incredible new HTML5 app capabilities that will blow everyone away once Samsung reveals them to the world.

Last edited:

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Samsung has already tested and/or demonstrated Tizen on the Galaxy S3 and S2, so putting it on the Galaxy S4 is the next logical step. They'll actually flood the market with Tizen phones from the high-end to the low-end at every price point, which has been Samsung's "human wave" strategy before on both feature phones and Android phones. It won't be a half-hearted attempt focused on just low-to-mid-level phones. The first Tizen phone will be a high-end, not low-end, phone at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona next week.

What are your sources on this?

It's entertaining to speculate. Everyone does it, it's kind of like enjoying the fun of throwing out large and bombastic claims and not having the responsibility of backing any of them up with facts. But until you do provide sources, your claims are just that: speculation, not fact.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

zippero

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I've already provided the links, but here they are again:

Samsung's high-end Tizen device to be announced at Mobile World Congress next week:
Can Samsung build its own ecosystem with Tizen?

Tizen tested on the Galaxy S3:
Samsung Galaxy S3 used to test Tizen | Ubergizmo

Tizen demoed on the Galaxy S2:
Tizen on Samsung Galaxy SII HD - Gallery, Live Call and Video - YouTube

Tizen running Android apps:
Running Android Apps On Tizen - YouTube

Your first video just shows an OS running on a Galaxy SII. That's why the video is titled "Tizen on Samsung Galaxy S II." The second video shows the same.

You can't even verify or prove your most basic claim, that Samsung is going to release Tizen on a "high end device." If you don't have the facts on that straight, how do you really expect anyone to take your more wild and baseless claims seriously?

I'll answer that question for you: they won't, or they shouldn't based on what you've stated thus far.

zippero

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Of course, my first video above shows Tizen being demonstrated on the Galaxy S2. That's why I labelled the video "Tizen demoed on Galaxy S2." By the way, the video was made by Samsung EVP Jong-desk Choi in May of last year before the Galaxy S3 even came out. So of course it's a Galaxy S2. The link I posted before that shows the Galaxy S3 with Tizen getting Wifi certification 4 months ago. In addition, please actually read the Korea Times article I linked above about Samsung's releasing a "high-end" Tizen device at the Mobile World Congress next week. It was the first link in my post above. You seem to have a basic problem with reading. Lastly, the last of the 4 links shows Tizen running on an Android tablet, not the Galaxy S2, and running Android apps.

Last edited:

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Still hasn't sunk in yet, has it?

You made a whole lot of claims, and I asked you for your sources to verify your claims. In response to my request you posted two videos which show an OS running on a Galaxy SII.

Essentially, we're back to where we started, which is: your posts are mostly speculation, not fact. Perhaps if you actually answered the questions thoughtfully from my original post, we could have solved the issue and moved on. But it seems like you'd rather just waste time and make lots of wild statements.

zippero

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Geez, don't you know how to click on a link? Here's the Korea Times quote which you could have read yourself if you bothered to click on the link I provided: "The firm (Samsung) will showcase a high-end phone running on the (Tizen) OS to clients at the Mobile World Congress to be held in Barcelona from Feb. 25 to 28".

From the article about the Galaxy S3 with Tizen getting Wifi certification: "It seems that the folks over at Samsung are busy with the ?next big thing? that is already in the market, the Samsung Galaxy S3. The thing is, the Galaxy S3 that is being worked upon is no ordinary Galaxy S3 that you can find in store shelves, simply because it is being used to test out Tizen, right after Samsung picked up a WiFi certification for it to boot."

Are you an idiot?

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Lots of companies showcase products - doesn't mean that they will release a product to market.

Ever hear of something called a "concept car"? Just because Ford showcases a carbon fiber Focus doesn't mean Ford will sell carbon fiber cars. That's called "leaping to conclusions," which is what you are doing.

Again, no hard evidence that Samsung is releasing a Tizen S4. Sorry to burst your bubble.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Geez, don't you know how to click on a link? Here's the Korea Times quote which you could have read yourself if you bothered to click on the link I provided: "The firm (Samsung) will showcase a high-end phone running on the (Tizen) OS to clients at the Mobile World Congress to be held in Barcelona from Feb. 25 to 28".

From the article about the Galaxy S3 with Tizen getting Wifi certification: "It seems that the folks over at Samsung are busy with the ?next big thing? that is already in the market, the Samsung Galaxy S3. The thing is, the Galaxy S3 that is being worked upon is no ordinary Galaxy S3 that you can find in store shelves, simply because it is being used to test out Tizen, right after Samsung picked up a WiFi certification for it to boot."

Are you an idiot?

Are you an idiot?

That article is an editorial. Nothing fact in it whatsoever. All pure speculation just like your posts.

The only official in it is that "Samsung officially announced that it plans to release a Tizen phone within this year."

No specifics about when or what type or how many officially stated.

Even the quotes in that article are from "industry officials" not to be named or have anything to do with Samsung.

Sorry your credibility, if you ever had any, is now shot...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

zippero

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
My God, you're dreaming. The quote I gave was not of any official but of the author of the article itself, and you can ask Korea Times reporter Cho Mu-hyun himself if you think it was not a news article. You're truly pathetic if you think that it was an editorial and not a straight news article. Again, anyone can simply click on the article and see it's news and not op-ed. Your level of denial is something that would be more expected in an insane asylum. Given the amount of denial, it's clear people are just having a hard time with and not mentally prepared for the Google-Samsung divorce and probably will require intensive psychotherapy for the next decade at least. But the more astute among you will understand why this divorce had to happen and Samsung and Google each has its own business agenda.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Samsung itself announced on Jan. 3 it would come out with a whole line-up of Tizen devices in 2013 (Samsung to Sell Tizen-Based Handsets After Motorola Deal - Bloomberg), and the Korea Times article just gave a release date for the first one, a "high-end" model. This is no mere concept as you continue to wishfully believe.

'?We plan to release new, competitive Tizen devices within this year and will keep expanding the lineup depending on market conditions,? Suwon, South Korea-based Samsung said in an e- mailed statement today. The company didn?t elaborate on model specifications, prices or timeframe for their debut.'

Yeah lots of specifics in that article :rolleyes:

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Samsung itself announced on Jan. 3 it would come out with a whole line-up of Tizen devices in 2013 (Samsung to Sell Tizen-Based Handsets After Motorola Deal - Bloomberg), and the Korea Times article just gave a release date for the first one, a "high-end" model. This is no mere concept as you continue to wishfully believe.

Well now, that's better. Now we are actually looking at facts pertinent to the actual thread. It's just interesting to me that it took me about 4 posts for you to actually respond with your sources. The first time I asked for your sources, you replied with a video on YouTube that had nothing to do with the subject of the thread, which is the Galaxy S4.

The email mentioned in the article does state that Samsung plans to release Tizen devices, however it does not mention what devices. I fail to see that as solid evidence that the Galaxy S4 will be released with Tizen. Again, that's my opinion. But you obviously don't have any evidence to suggest otherwise, and your wild claims that Samsung will "flood the market" with Tizen devices, when the email states they plan to take a cautious approach, is laughable.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
My God, you're dreaming. The quote I gave was not of any official but of the author of the article itself, and you can ask Korea Times reporter Cho Mu-hyun himself if you think it was not a news article. You're truly pathetic if you think that it was an editorial and not a straight news article. Again, anyone can simply click on the article and see it's news and not op-ed. Your level of denial is something that would be more expected in an insane asylum. Given the amount of denial, it's clear people are just having a hard time with and not mentally prepared for the Google-Samsung divorce and probably will require intensive psychotherapy for the next decade at least. But the more astute among you will understand why this divorce had to happen and Samsung and Google each has its own business agenda.

U still ain't took that nap yet???????

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

zippero

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Tizen SDK 2.0 + Screenshots released today by Samsung:

Tizen SDK 2.0 + Screenshots!!! | SamMobile

Yes, I know you are all collectively in denial, but Tizen is coming! SamMobile says Samsung's first Tizen device will be "mostly based on the Galaxy S3," which means not some low- or entry-level device as you pathetically hope for but, let's cut to the chase, the Galaxy S4, because that's where where all this is heading!!! Samsung wouldn't base it on the S3 if it weren't within the Galaxy family and, furthermore, if it weren't in line to succeed the S3 as the S4 within the Galaxy family!!!

Last edited:

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Tizen SDK 2.0 + Screenshots released today by Samsung:

Tizen SDK 2.0 + Screenshots!!! | SamMobile

Yes, I know you are all collectively in denial, but Tizen is coming! SamMobile says Samsung's first Tizen device will be "mostly based on the Galaxy S3," which means not some low- or entry-level device as you pathetically hope for but, let's cut to the chase, the Galaxy S4, because that's where where all this is heading!!! Samsung wouldn't base it on the S3 if it weren't within the Galaxy family and, furthermore, if it weren't in line to succeed the S3 as the S4 within the Galaxy family!!!

Yeah, good luck with your quest. You've succeeded in saying that everyone else on this thread is wrong, but you are right. Mhm. Yep, you are *definitely* being reasonable.

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.