Galaxy S4 Running Tizen OS Instead of Android?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Tizen reminds me of those unheard of OS's that get released on a few select phones for a few select countries and nothing more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Tizen reminds me of those unheard of OS's that get released on a few select phones for a few select countries and nothing more.

Yeah I honestly don't c this taking off. Its already too many os es already imo

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
So glad that we are back on topic. The running argument with the troll poster were getting on my nerves.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III Handheld Device

zippero

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Read the title of this thread, dude! You can't seem to read either. Do a news search on "Tizen" today and get out the Alka Seltzer! Manufacturing and marketing powerhouse Samsung lifted Android, not vice versa. Tizen co-opts and runs ALL Android apps plus runs HTML5, Java, native/EFL apps, too. Since you love Android and believe the world never changes and Samsung and Google are joined at the hip literally forever, you'll have to rely on one of the profitless Android OEM dwarves like HTC, LG, and Google's own financial boondoggle Motorola for any future traditional Android phone purchases.

Last edited:

deesugar

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Tizen co-opts and runs ALL Android apps..

Actually you're understanding on this subject is flawed again. It's not Tizen that allows Android apps to run, it's ACL and it's a very important distinction since ACL is not specific to Tizen.

"OpenMobile's ACL? enables 500,000+ Android Apps to run on any device (Smartphones, Tablets, eReaders, Connected TVs, In-Vehicle and In-Flight Infotainment) and any operating system (Tizen, MeeGo, webOS, Bada, Windows, Linux, etc). An OEM launching a device that does not offer a massive number of apps faces the lack of customer adoption. With OpenMobile's ACL? technology, you have the power to choose. You choose the device. You choose the operating system. OpenMobile's ACL provides the full App ecosystem."

ACL? for OEMs - The Power to Choose.

Honestly Ubuntu Mobile could run ACL and be a more compelling mobile platform then Tizen. But keep in mind they have yet to really prove how well ACL is going to work in the real world.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Read the title of this thread, dude! You can't seem to read either. Do a news search on "Tizen" today and get out the Alka Seltzer! Manufacturing and marketing powerhouse Samsung lifted Android, not vice versa. Tizen co-opts and runs ALL Android apps plus runs HTML5, Java, native/EFL apps, too. Since you love Android and believe the world never changes and Samsung and Google are joined at the hip literally forever, you'll have to rely on one of the profitless Android OEM dwarves like HTC, LG, and Google's own financial boondoggle Motorola for any future traditional Android phone purchases.

Where's the troll spray when you need it?

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
if he was half as confident as he makes out he would take me up on the 100 dollar bet i offered 2 pages ago . but i will bet him 100 against 20 that the s4 launches with ANDROID not tizen . now lets see . I hate to see somebody troll there on thread but his tone comes off just arrogant enough to be called trolling . the min anybody dissagrees with him he gets belligerent .

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Actually you're understanding on this subject is flawed again. It's not Tizen that allows Android apps to run, it's ACL and it's a very important distinction since ACL is not specific to Tizen.

"OpenMobile's ACL? enables 500,000+ Android Apps to run on any device (Smartphones, Tablets, eReaders, Connected TVs, In-Vehicle and In-Flight Infotainment) and any operating system (Tizen, MeeGo, webOS, Bada, Windows, Linux, etc). An OEM launching a device that does not offer a massive number of apps faces the lack of customer adoption. With OpenMobile's ACL? technology, you have the power to choose. You choose the device. You choose the operating system. OpenMobile's ACL provides the full App ecosystem."

ACL? for OEMs - The Power to Choose.

Honestly Ubuntu Mobile could run ACL and be a more compelling mobile platform then Tizen. But keep in mind they have yet to really prove how well ACL is going to work in the real world.

For the win, he really needs to understand ACL. As soon as he reads up on this he won't be back.

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
For the win, he really needs to understand ACL. As soon as he reads up on this he won't be back.

Lol! Indeed sir. This Zippero is so allergic to facts, wonder if he's a spokesman for North Korea?

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S4 is pretty much the phone I think I will buy next. I'm just worried about top phones leaving Android. I LOVE Android.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Larkspur and Magnolia (Tizen 1.0 and 2.0) were named starting with the letters L and M because Samsung intended long ago for them to succeed Jelly Bean and Key Lime Pie in a clear line of succession in the Android world. The Tizen Galaxy S4 was codenamed GT-I9500 more than a year ago because it was meant to succeed the Galaxy S3/GT-I9300. Tizen on the Galaxy S4 has been Samsung's long-term goal from the very beginning and doesn't involve any loss or risk for Samsung since Tizen can run all Android apps. The Android app market is now big enough for Samsung to steal outright from underneath Google. The public won't care, and app developers will go wherever the money is as they always do. Google's X-Phone will fight the Tizen Galaxy S4 to the death. But Samsung will win because it has all the manufacturing and marketing know-how. It also now has software expertise from meticulously observing, studying, and copying every aspect of Android for the past 5 years from app development to promotion and business and ecosystem development. Steve Jobs must be smiling in Heaven because Samsung's now doing to Google what Google did to iOS. What goes around comes around. The Korean copycatters and Google jointly backstab and copy Apple first in hardware and software, and then the Korean copycatters backstab and copy Google second in software. Never partner up with a backstabber because you yourself will be the next one to be backstabbed (this was the fatal flaw in the whole Google-Samsung partnership or, shall I say, marriage of convenience). Just one American tech giant is not enough for the Korean copycatters to topple. Go out and buy an X-Phone, all you Android lovers, or better yet a 4.8-5.0-inch iPhone 6! Show some patriotism for once in your life!

Iphone parts are mostly made in china

Sent from my Coconut Wireless

Nuno Coelho

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't believe!
Samsung already inves too much in Android OS! They also release a new nexus tab and some new cheap chromebooks!
Maybe they want to give more options to their costumers, but honestly, I think this Tizen will have the same future as Bada had!

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

zippero

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
In the past week, the world has suddenly and quite dramatically woken up to what I've been saying all along on this thread and now understands Google is serious about going into hardware: Google retail stores, Google Glass for $1,500, Chromebook Pixel for $1,300. This is not about Google's traditional search advertising biz and selling Nexuses at cost to further that. It's about trying to make Apple-like margins on hardware. Google believes its ecosystem of Android and Google services is now so strong that it can naturally take the next step to offer it all on its own super-expensive premium hardware in order to start earning Apple-like margins and become a half-trillion dollar company like Apple. It takes 10,000 successful Google sponsored ad clicks to make the same profit that Apple makes selling a boxful of iPod Touches, so it'd be ridiculous for Google not to go into hardware and compete with Samsung and Apple on mobile Internet hardware where the big money is truly made. Google's stock keeps skyrocketing with each and every new piece of Google hardware announced. There's even predictions of how car insurance companies will all go out of business because car accidents simply won't happen anymore because of Google Cars all talking and coordinating and yielding to one another like in some well-orchestrated musical performance. Australia's Telstra is already drooling over the X-Phone and saying how with Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie, it'll easily blow away both the Galaxy phones and the iPhone for the next 2-3 generations. Anyway, Google's moving into hardware. Well, what's Samsung's doing about it? No, it's not just lying there still like some giant beached whale. It's reacting. How? Tizen flooding the market with 10-20 different devices all within the next several months with 30-50 additional models coming next year. Tizen is already appearing earlier than expected on Samsung Smart TV's. What's all this for? Ecosystem and a half-trillion dollar market cap -- Samsung's, not Google's. In addition, Samsung's already putting superior specs on its Tizen devices like Super Amoled HD Plus flexible screens and Exynos Octa to draw the Fandroids to Tizen and slowly starve Android out completely and thus kill Google's entire strategy as the Internet transitions to mobile from the desktop. Tizen already runs all Android apps with complete 100% compatibility, as the videos I posted earlier prove and the world will soon see for itself alongside Tizen's mind-bogglingly cool HTML5 capabilities. Because Tizen represents the core of Samsung's entire mobile and Internet strategy for the next decade, you can be sure Samsung's going to push it more and more against Android and iOS in Samsung's typical "human wave" attack strategy. But at least a human wave attack is better than Google's recording everything you do for the rest of your life and saving that in its own version of an FBI file on you to sell to marketers and who knows for what other purpose down the line in the near and distant future?

Last edited:

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
LOL at this thread getting even 1 reply.

But I am still pretty bitter about that Tizen phone getting the HD SAMOLED+ screen last year, and not the GSIII.

rutkind

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
If they left Android their stock would plummet and they would loose money. It would be like corporate suicide for their mobile division

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
In the past week, the world has suddenly and quite dramatically woken up to what I've been saying all along on this thread and now understands Google is serious about going into hardware: Google retail stores, Google Glass for $1,500, Chromebook Pixel for $1,300. This is not about Google's traditional search advertising biz and selling Nexuses at cost to further that. It's about trying to make Apple-like margins on hardware. Google believes its ecosystem of Android and Google services is now so strong that it can naturally take the next step to offer it all on its own super-expensive premium hardware in order to start earning Apple-like margins and become a half-trillion dollar company like Apple. It takes 10,000 successful Google sponsored ad clicks to make the same profit that Apple makes selling a boxful of iPod Touches, so it'd be ridiculous for Google not to go into hardware and compete with Samsung and Apple on mobile Internet hardware where the big money is truly made. Google's stock keeps skyrocketing with each and every new piece of Google hardware announced. There's even predictions of how car insurance companies will all go out of business because car accidents simply won't happen anymore because of Google Cars all talking and coordinating and yielding to one another like in some well-orchestrated musical performance. Australia's Telstra is already drooling over the X-Phone and saying how with Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie, it'll easily blow away both the Galaxy phones and the iPhone for the next 2-3 generations. Anyway, Google's moving into hardware. Well, what's Samsung's doing about it? No, it's not just lying there still like some giant beached whale. It's reacting. How? Tizen flooding the market with 10-20 different devices all within the next several months with 30-50 additional models coming next year. Tizen is already appearing earlier than expected on Samsung Smart TV's. What's all this for? Ecosystem and a half-trillion dollar market cap -- Samsung's, not Google's. In addition, Samsung's already putting superior specs on its Tizen devices like Super Amoled HD Plus flexible screens and Exynos Octa to draw the Fandroids to Tizen and slowly starve Android out completely and thus kill Google's entire strategy as the Internet transitions to mobile from the desktop. Tizen already runs all Android apps with complete 100% compatibility, as the videos I posted earlier prove and the world will soon see for itself alongside Tizen's mind-bogglingly cool HTML5 capabilities. Because Tizen represents the core of Samsung's entire mobile and Internet strategy for the next decade, you can be sure Samsung's going to push it more and more against Android and iOS in Samsung's typical "human wave" attack strategy. But at least a human wave attack is better than Google's recording everything you do for the rest of your life and saving that in its own version of an FBI file on you to sell to marketers and who knows for what other purpose down the line in the near and distant future?
I think he's now trying to hide his crap by putting it into one large paragraph so that we won't even bother reading it. TL;DR

deesugar

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
In the past week, the world has suddenly and quite dramatically woken up to what I've been saying all along on this thread and now understands Google is serious about going into hardware
[Citation needed]

Google Glass for $1,500, Chromebook Pixel for $1,300. This is not about Google's traditional search advertising biz and selling Nexuses at cost to further that. It's about trying to make Apple-like margins on hardware. Google believes its ecosystem of Android and Google services is now so strong that it can naturally take the next step to offer it all on its own super-expensive premium hardware in order to start earning Apple-like margins and become a half-trillion dollar company like Apple.

These are developer/beta prices, not premium. I have yet to meet anyone who has a Google Glass or a Chromebook, and I live in the Bay Area. These are small endeavors for Google and they haven't worked out the final design on the Glasses because it's still a project.

It takes 10,000 successful Google sponsored ad clicks to make the same profit that Apple makes selling a boxful of iPod Touches, so it'd be ridiculous for Google not to go into hardware and compete with Samsung and Apple on mobile Internet hardware where the big money is truly made.

"Big money" is made in many different ways and Google's business plan is very different then Apples. Google makes money when Samsung, HTC, LG and others takes the risk and sells Android phones. They actually have something to loose if they anger those companies by competing with them.

There's even predictions of how car insurance companies will all go out of business because car accidents simply won't happen anymore because of Google Cars all talking and coordinating and yielding to one another like in some well-orchestrated musical performance.

[Citation needed] Accidents will always happen, Google's self-driving car technology only complicates things. Who's actually to blame when an accident does occur, you or Google? Can you say software glitch? And there's no knowing of how the general public will accept self driving cars, some people like to drive.

Australia's Telstra is already drooling over the X-Phone and saying how with Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie, it'll easily blow away both the Galaxy phones and the iPhone for the next 2-3 generations.

You do realize that Android is free, open sourced and will be updated by any manufacture that chooses to. Including Samsung's Galaxy line, which as far as we know is still running Android. I hope the X-Phone has some cool things to offer consumers but no matter how "blown away" we will be, we'll be bored with it in about 4 months and hoping for something better to come out in about 6 months.

The world will soon see for itself alongside Tizen's mind-bogglingly cool HTML5 capabilities.
What exactly is "mind-boggling" about Tizen? It's pretty much the same concept as Firefox OS, WebOS and BlackBerry 10. WebOS was first and I think they still did a better job of creating a mobile OS that runs HTML5 applications. Their navigation features are still the best ever made.

Zippero,
What Google is doing in the hardware department I think is less about competing with their partners and more about cracking a whip to get them to be more innovative. The funny thing is at the end of the day Google is a services company. It gives away Android for free, so if another company like Samsung makes a different OS that uses Android apps, Google search and maps, what difference is it to Google? They'll still be making money off of it.

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Although I don't expect to see Tizen on the S4, zippero might not be that far off. What's to say that Samsung can't skin Tizen to look and feel just like Touchwiz, the average consumer wouldn't know the difference. Those of us that post/read these forums are a very small minority, so I really don't think Samsung cares how we feel about it. I have been reading the last few weeks that Google bought Motorola specifically to have leverage against/protect itself from Samsung. This also wouldn't be the first time this type of thing has happened, IBM vs. Microsoft, Dell vs. Asus. I would hate to see Samsung drop Android, but it's a very real possibility.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Although I don't expect to see Tizen on the S4, zippero might not be that far off. What's to say that Samsung can't skin Tizen to look and feel just like Touchwiz, the average consumer wouldn't know the difference. Those of us that post/read these forums are a very small minority, so I really don't think Samsung cares how we feel about it. I have been reading the last few weeks that Google bought Motorola specifically to have leverage against/protect itself from Samsung. This also wouldn't be the first time this type of thing has happened, IBM vs. Microsoft, Dell vs. Asus. I would hate to see Samsung drop Android, but it's a very real possibility.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D

Well it's pretty obvious that Samsung has plans for Tizen, but what he is saying is baseless and a troll attempt. Samsung will eventually bring out Tizen devices, and if it's successful they may even eventually drop android, but that is not happening this year and it is not going to be on the s4.

Yes google primarily bought moto for their patents. Essentially moto was the little shack sitting on the oil well or patents. The little shack was not the main reason they bought the property ;-)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Status
Not open for further replies.