Possible S-Pen?

Thorin Oakenshield

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
You guys think there will be an S-Pen on the GS4? I surely hope not as it would render the point to even buy a Galaxy Note/Note 2. Though I hear lots of rumors saying it will indeed have an S-pen

atomic_squid

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Well, part of the Note's appeal is its size. The S4 will not be that gargantuan, so giving it the S Pen is simply giving it to more people.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Android Central Forums

deesugar

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
There were some rumors a while ago but they have died down. It would be great to see the S Pen added to the S4 and would really separate it from the iPhone but would only happen if Samsung believed it would not harm the Note sales.

Well see in the coming months.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Initially the note 2's size was a drawback for me. I didn't want a huge handset. Being a small guy, the thought was the phone would be a problem in my pocket.
The draw of the note 2, in my instance, was the utility of the software. I weighed pros and cons and eventually bought it.
If the s4 had the pen, which was a huge pro on my list, but not multiwindow (which now is on the s3 and would seem to be a shoo in for the 4) I still would have chosen the note.
The problem now is the fact that the note is very pocketable. I have no issues with one handed use our carrying it around even with a case on it. I don't think I could go back to anything smaller.
All that said, is be surprised if the s4 gets the pen. The pen is what makes the "note" line what it is. Unless Sammy does away with the note name and gives every new device a pen as a core feature I don't forsee that happening.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
No. Too much like the Note 2. Screen size only an inch different. Why do we need it?

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I think it all depends on how big they decide to make the Note 3. If it's over 6in like the rumors say then they may actually put a pen in the S4 since it's rumored to be 5in and the next Note may be too big for some. It would make both groups happy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I would not want it. I already have an S Pen on my Note 10.1 Tablet. I have gotten on just fine without it on my GS3.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I can understand that and I'm not saying that I would use it either but if Samsung makes a great phone, one of the best phones out, then I could deal with it having a feature that I don't use. So I was just curious if there was any real reason, other than just cause it's just there, that someone may have.

ZarathustraHead

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I would be very surprised if the S4 does not have an S Pen. There is no downside to it being there. Its inclusion would mean tremendous benefit to the consumer and the spreading of Samsung's unique technology to tens of millions of consumers - essentially changing the landscape of mobile technology as we know it today. If Samsung were to omit it at this point, that would be baffling.

DannyUC6

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Are you saying a stylus is a unique technology?

I would be very surprised if the S4 does not have an S Pen. There is no downside to it being there. Its inclusion would mean tremendous benefit to the consumer and the spreading of Samsung's unique technology to tens of millions of consumers - essentially changing the landscape of mobile technology as we know it today. If Samsung were to omit it at this point, that would be baffling.

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Unless samsung is decuding to go away from using wacom tech in their screen for the digitizer, the resolution on the S4 would be downgraded. That is the reason for the lower resolution on the note line, so the s pen can function as it does.

The S4 is slated to be Samsung's premier media consumption device, so expect it to have at least a 720p screen, possibly a 1080p. The higher the resolution, the less chance of a wacom s pen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
No, I'm saying Samsung's S Pen technology is unique.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Actully it isn't, S Pen is based on Wacom's digitizer system that was around way before S Pen

Wacom_Bamboo3_Fun_Pen_Touch_M-e9a81647.png

Graphics tablet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Only thing that is new about it fact that they interacted Wacom digitizer in to the screen as said above :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800