Read a abc article, and it seems to actually have the date of the s4 release date. Will you be upgrading from the s3 to the s4 or wait till the next best thing comes along?

http://abcnews.go.com/m/blogEntry?id=18537849

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    02-19-2013 01:08 PM
    Definitely getting the s4. Although the HTC one announced today got my attention.

Sent from my Sammy S3
    02-19-2013 01:19 PM
    Yeah I like the HTC just not the hardware it has. I'm really liking the new LG phone it is similar in looks of the s3 and should give the s4 a run for its money.

02-19-2013 01:38 PM
    Optimus g pro?

Sent from my Sammy S3
    02-19-2013 01:54 PM
    Read a abc article, and it seems to actually have the date of the s4 release date. Will you be upgrading from the s3 to the s4 or wait till the next best thing comes along?

Samsung Galaxy S4 Is Coming - ABC News

The phone is not being released March 14... Samsung is just going to announce the phone.
    02-19-2013 02:10 PM
    Samsung expected to hold Galaxy S4 event on March 14 | Android Central

I'm excited now - having seen the sweet specs of the HTC One, I'm ready to see what Samsung has in store to one-up them.

Processor: HTC's Snapdragon 600 is a beast - of course I yearn for the 800 but that won't even be shipping until later this year. I think those of us in the USA will be getting some Exynos love this year considering Samsung has put our version of LTE in it...I'm ready to see some benchmark comparisons!

Screen: HTC's One X last year was definitely the better screen, when compared to the GS3, in my opinion. Both are excellent but that was the most striking thing about the One X. The new HTC One's screen is no doubt going to be even nicer...so I'm looking forward to what Samsung does with the GS4...we'll certainly see 1080p but will it be Pentile again? What will they manage, knowing that HTC beat them in the screen department last year?

Camera: This is another area HTC outdid Samsung, for the most part, last year. HTC is really pushing hard to keep the lead...I hope Samsung will up it's game this time around at least keep the camera very competitive with the One and iPhone.

Removable Battery/MicroSD: This really was the sticking point for me when choosing the S3 over the One X last year. 16GB just wasn't enough on the One X and having the ability to carry a spare battery is huge. I expect Samsung will stick with it and offer both removable again, but HTC has closed the gap for me, already, by not offering a 16GB model. With 32GB space onboard, I could live without a MicroSD.

Home Screen button: HTC has gone from 3 capacitive buttons down to 2. Will Samsung stick with their physical home button? I think I read somewhere that they probably would. I personally am not a fan of it...while it's nice to be able to wake the phone with it, I find that the amount of effort it takes to press the button is a bit disruptive when compared to the ridiculous sensitivity of the other two buttons.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the arms race again! I'm probably leaning towards remaining loyal to Samsung but HTC definitely has my attention and my interest...so does BlackBerry to be honest, though it's a small chance considering the brand new ecosystem.
    02-19-2013 02:33 PM
    Yeah couldn't think of the exact name. I just don't know how my hands are going to react to a 5.5 inch screen after just adapting to the s3.
    02-19-2013 06:05 PM
    The rumors are that the GS4 will have a 4.99 inch screen, not a 5.5.
    crester likes this.
    02-19-2013 06:58 PM
    I was meaning the LGOptimus G being 5.5 inch screen. I know Samsung plans not go over 5 inches on the galaxy series, if I'm not mistaken.

02-19-2013 07:48 PM
    Sorry, I misunderstood.
    02-19-2013 10:03 PM
    I was meaning the LGOptimus G being 5.5 inch screen. I know Samsung plans not go over 5 inches on the galaxy series, if I'm not mistaken.

You mean the Galaxy S series. Technically the Notes are named "Galaxy" Note

Personally I don't plan on upgrading. My S3 was my first smart phone, and because I did not get it subsidized (T-Mobile) I don't plan on upgrading for at least 2 years (more in my case.) Maybe for the Galaxy V or if a even better phone
    02-19-2013 10:37 PM
    My upgrade opportunity comes up in May. AT&T will hopefully release by June. I will probably get it but not by pre-order. That could change as we get more real information on the specs.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet
    02-20-2013 06:01 AM
    only specs that are important to me are better battery and better radio. Give me a strong 4G LTE connection in every room in my house and a battery that will last all day and night and it's golden. Of minor importance to me is getting rid of the physical home button, I totally agree with what Jeffreii said about it
    02-20-2013 03:46 PM