What DON't You Want to See on the S4?

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I hope SAMSUNG R&D would look here for end-user's feedback. I would not like the new Samsung Galaxy (S-IV) to not have an FM transmitter in it, and I would certainly not like it if they did not offer a separate option of having a regular (one-sim) or dual-sim phone. Moreover, it would be awful if the round corners are forgotten (as I have seen a sample concept picture of s4). The round corners are quite handy in different kinds of pockets. I would not like the new S4 to have a tiny memory of 16GB., it should be more like 64 GB or even more.

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I hope they are going to change the touchwiz look, there are too many discrepancies. Whereas for the physical home button i don?t really need a change, if they?re going to put them on screen, even thou sometimes i miss the free corner on the low right side to hold the phone without exit the app i m using. But except the US version of S2 (don?t remember S1) Samsung has always had a physical home button plus 2 touch keys, and i think it?s going to keep in that direction. Would be nice to have better materials, but not if it means a solded battery. Form factor: if leaked images are true, it seems to go back to S2 which i like more, s3 is slippery like a soap and for me unusable without cover. I really hope they will go with a non pentile non amoled display. Black is gorgeous, but i still prefer the iPhone, or HTC displays (of the last generations)

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I dont want to see Snapdragon 600. I want to see Exynos Octa with a Mali T628 GPU and not Power VR 543

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

scaryhumor

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I hope SAMSUNG R&D would look here for end-user's feedback.

I would be shocked and disappointed if Sammy was not monitoring sites like this. I have intimate knowldge of other large corporations that have dedicated departments to monitor twitter and other social networking sites. They do this to keep a pulse on things, and even to stop theft.
Don't try this at home! Mention a Fortune 100 company in a tweet, and suggest performing a non-violent illegal act at a specific location. It would be like swatting, corporate style.

EllyBean

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Agree with all the stuff about plastic bodies. My S2 feels cheap. Maybe they can switch it up in terms of design by using brushed plastics around the edges and having the back and front be aluminium? We know that dropping a phone on its corners is where the most impact happens so the plastic edges/corners could absorb impact without denting like aluminium. And the metal back would feel more quality in hand. The thing about the plastic being brushed or textured is just to stop this gross slippery cheap feel. Then again I'm no expert so it's probably safe to ignore me. I'm fine with touch wiz, it's just ugly. I'm okay with physical home button too but I would like to see a reduced bezel. If the S4 can have a 5inch screen but not feel like 7 inches in hand, that would be freaking nice.

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I Don't want to see Solux backlit screen. it will be lower contrast ratio and wont be as efficient.

As well as look noticeably better. Glad they're making the switch. Samsung make's the iPhone's LCDs; it'll be a great screen, and better than an HD SAMOLED would've been.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
As well as look noticeably better. Glad they're making the switch. Samsung make's the iPhone's LCDs; it'll be a great screen, and better than an HD SAMOLED would've been.

Better than HD OLED? nope you can't get the contrast ratio plus you will have backlight bleeding. And les efficient

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

Better than HD OLED? nope you can't get the contrast ratio plus you will have backlight bleeding. And less efficient.

IF they make the switch it is only for this phone while they tweak the OLED technology. There is a reason samsung is spending millions on building more OLED manufacturing plants. It's a superior technology its just still developing.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

adamzenwine

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I would hate to see a fixed battery. The removable battery on the s3, is the reason I chose the s3, and will be the deciding factor on which phone I use.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
NO NON REPLACEABLE BATTERY unless of course they can guarantee 12 hours of actual use on a single charge

No lack of memory card slot

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

standog100

May 23, 2012
Visit site
I would love a shatter proof screen,water proof..and wireless charging out of the box...3 or 4gig of ram will be really cool...and smart stay should work in low light...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

knighthawk321

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
What is getting me away from HTC offerings is their lack of removable battery and no micro SD card provisions. For the S4 to go that way would be most upsetting. I got my wife an S3. She loves it. My upgrade comes in June, so I've been looking forward to the S$.

TomStretton

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I don't want to see a phone which looks like it will break on a 1ft drop. I also want them to drop touchwiz and stick to stock android, but include the features such as multi-window and paint artist.
I don't want a phone that takes 5seconds to load your contacts or dialer. Better memory management basically.

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't want it to be tooo fast.... I like the s3's slowness. :)

On a serious note, I DO NOT want the stupid physical home button. My S3 button already having issues after only 6 months of use.